So where is the GuyTV movie content now?

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
And for that matter

GunslingersHD
ViceHD
MajesticHD (Although it could be said this is on Filmfest)

Their previews showed this stuff, now it is completely missing

All their movies are on Filmfest.... Most of the guytv, gunslingers movies are on weekends. The Vice and majestic are also on filmfest on different occassions.

It was much better when 2 channels could have a wider genre. This KunFu all the time crap sucks :(

BFG said:
It was much better when 2 channels could have a wider genre. This KunFu all the time crap sucks :(
I agree! I like an occasional Kung Fu flick, but 24/7 is too much. Bring back GuyTV and toss in a Kung Fu flick every now and then. GuyTV is: Macho James Bond and Matt Helm type flicks; war movies like Platoon, Casualties of War, Hitler, etc.; anything with Clint, Arnold and Sylvester; anything involving martial arts and/or fisticuffs.:)

Last edited:
BFG said:
Me too as my avatar say... I rarely watched Kung Fu movies when they were new...
riffjim4069 said:
I agree! I like an occasional Kung Fu flick, but 24/7 is too much. Bring back GuyTV and toss in a Kung Fu flick every now and then. GuyTV is: Macho James Bond and Matt Helm type flicks; war movies like Platoon, Casualties of War, Hitler, etc.; anything with Clint, Arnold and Sylvester; anything involving martial arts and/or fisticuffs.:)
I'll go for this, right now I watch Rave,Ultra (Namaste) and Monsters on the old V* pack, I'm wondering if I reallly want or need the new receivers/packages...

I also think the KungFu all the time is a dumb idea.

It should be interpersed with GuyTv real movies.

KungFu can be considered GuyTV, but not the other way around.

I agree with everyone who isn't crazy about 24/7 Kung Fu. I hardly ever can sit through a whole Kung Fu movie -- or really, even part of one. Just don't like 'em much.

I watch way more movies on HDNet Movies than I do on the Voom channels. Never thought I'd say that back when there were 11 voOm movie channels. And I won't be getting the new additions, so I guess I'm pretty much stuck with just two voOm movie channels that I actually watch.

I really think VOOM made a mistake by not including Family Room with VOOM10, not keeping the GuyTV genre and just rolling Kung-Fu content into it, and not offering one additional general movie channel in the expanded VOOM15. We'll see what happens as they evolve. Of course, you can't do much without paying subscribers to pay the bills: FiOS TV, Cablevision...where are ya?

As far as Movies/Shows the only new addition on Voom that my family is watching with any regularity is Family. Aside from that, I liked the original mix better with Majestic, GuyTV, and Monsters. Wish they would add more Sci Fi and Westerns. Really would like to see them do some old TV classics.

dfergie said:
Maybe Voom should alternate KungFu, Gunslingers and Guy TV weekly ... or in 2 day blocks...

Now THATS A GOOD IDEA! And they should call it, hmmmm, let's see, how about,

GUYTV!

:) :D :) :D :) :up :up

As it is I don't think that Fu is the problem as much as the ratio of movie channels to specialty channels. When there were 21 vooms we had plenty of movie options. Now with 15 (or worse, 10) that ratio of movie to non-movie content is much lower. Personally I love the Japanese stuff (Samuri mostly) and totally hate 99% of the cheesy Hong Kong stuff, but sure wish there were a few more Movie channels and a few less of the others. 24 hour video game channel? what are these guys thinking?...

I certainly miss those girls cleaning my screen for me on GuyTV! :)

As I have only the 10 VOOM channels from the old HD Pak, I feel like I lost a movie channel under the new format, as I rarely ever watch the Kung Fu channel. I really like FilmFest and Monster and would love to have GuyTV back.

I still have a couple recordings of the Guy TV girls cleaning the screen and doing their little talent acts. These clips alone are worth more than the KungFu channel.

I received my 622 yesterday and now subscribe to a DishHD metalic pak. I must say that I watched quite a bit of the Gamplay channel. It was very interesting even though I gave up PC gaming before my daughter was born (haven't played since 2000). Anyway, I plan on buying a PS3 (mostly for the Blu-Ray player) but, since my daughter it now four, I can teach help her develop her hand and eye coordination playing games on the PS3.:)

Just as long as GamePlay continues to provide hints, tips, and tricks for all the new games....and perhaps host/broadcast online tournaments with VOOMers, then I'm all for the Gameplay channel. World Cinema was a welcome addition to VOOM15...and FamilyRoom to a lesser extent. IMO, I loved the old Cinema10 format. Until all VOOM21 channels are rolled-out, GuyTV should replace KungFu on VOOM10. KungFu can be moved to VOOM15 (DishHD) or the programming can simply rolled into GuyTV.

That's my 2 cents.

riffjim4069 said:
I received my 622 yesterday and now subscribe to a DishHD metalic pak. I must say that I watched quite a bit of the Gamplay channel. It was very interesting even though I gave up PC gaming before my daughter was born (haven't played since 2000). Anyway, I plan on buying a PS3 (mostly for the Blu-Ray player) but, since my daughter it now four, I can teach help her develop her hand and eye coordination playing games on the PS3.:)

Just as long as GamePlay continues to provide hints, tips, and tricks for all the new games....and perhaps host/broadcast online tournaments with VOOMers, then I'm all for the Gameplay channel. World Cinema was a welcome addition to VOOM15...and FamilyRoom to a lesser extent. IMO, I loved the old Cinema10 format. Until all VOOM21 channels are rolled-out, GuyTV should replace KungFu on VOOM10. KungFu can be moved to VOOM15 (DishHD) or the programming can simply rolled into GuyTV.

That's my 2 cents.

It doesn't seem like brain surgery...I never liked World Cinema because of the closed captioning...however they have the programming already, so why not do away with KUNG FU and replace it Guy TV which would include King Fu, Vice, Gunslingers..etcc. I would also like to see Majestic come back reall soon. But the way they handled Guy TV stumps me.

I watched GuyTV quite a bit. I think I've watched FUTV once or twice...no more than twice, I'm sure of that.

I agree with the popular opinion: roll the three (Kung Fu, Vice and Gunslingers) into a new GuyTV and make it something I/we would watch again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts