SOAPNet to Top 60?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gta00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Hey,
I'm hoping this isn't something that has already been covered on this site a "bazillion" times already, but I haven't found anything similar whenever I've searched. I've read rumors from one website (and have heard somebody else make this remark... ) that SOAPNet may be added to the Top 60 package sometime in the future. Does anybody know if there is any rumor to this? If we can get SOAPNet on the Top 60 (and then somehow - someway DISH decides to add SPEED to the Top 60... which I figure they someday will) me and my wife will both be happy and can save some money (as those are basically the two primary reasons we have that package to begin with - everything else we watch is on the Top 60 anyways). And cable isn't an option around here... Heck, you can get the Top 180 for what 50 - 60 cable channels would cost in my area. :mad:
Thanks....

Dish is trying to get people away from subscribing to Top60.

The only reason why soapnet was moved from Top180 to Top 120 is because it created an issue getting Lady customers to switch from Directv, because if you had Total Choice on Directv you would be paying more for Top 180 on Dish if the only reason why you wanted Top 180 was to get Soapnet.

It was a good move on DISH Networks part because everytime I had a lady on the phone who had Directv and wanted Soapnet, it was a pain in the ass convincing them to spend an extra $5/mo to switch to Dish and Take At180.

I never saw what the big deal was, get a DVR. Problem solved!

One more question...

We got our DISH about five years ago and immediately signed up for the local networks from New York and L.A. (We live north of Atlanta). We dropped the NY networks about as quickly as we signed up for them but ended up keeping the L.A. networks because of the conveinence it offered for time frames. But, about all we watch (of the L.A. networks) are the FOX and CBS. With all the fuss that is going on today... was I grandfathered in? Will I be able to keep those networks? And if I go to drop the NBC and ABC (and take the two from Atlanta), will I be forced to drop the FOX and CBS from L.A. What will happen with all of this?

First of all goto Dishnetwork.com and see what you qualify for based on todays network database. Once you make a call, thats all they are gonna allow you to get.

If you have distants, they may allow you to swap cities however I would not mess with what you already got.

If the CSR makes the mistake and removes your networks, the system will not allow them to be added back if you no longer qualify for them based on your address.

Thanks, man.

I'll just keep what I have (the L.A. networks and the Altanta FOX). I'm so satisfied with the L.A. networks and only added the FOX from ATL becuase of local weather. The system at Dish Network.com no longer shows me as being eligible for the L.A. networks. I pay my bill annually and will likely just keep the Top 120 and the distant networks to avoid a CSR from screwing up. It looks as though I'll have to keep the Top 120 anyways... for SPEED and SOAPNet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts