Software Version 7.80 Spooling For Model 6000 Receivers

Bill R

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
I just noticed on DISH's web site, Software versions that version 7.80 started spooling today for the DISH model 6000 receivers.

If anyone has it please check to see if it has SuperDish support.

'edited by mod to shorten link.'

new 6000 software

From the looks of things it added superdish (SAT 129) It also added ofther satelite choices in the new menu. I do not have anyway to download a screen shot that would be readable

hhmmmm, I still have 7.78 and it has 129 WEST and a round button for 129 WEST Install.
Not understanding the diff I guess

I think he means 121 and 105. :)

129 has been in there for awhile for Philly locals.

Rolltide, descrete power codes are for those who have universal remotes such as a Pronto, you can program the remote to have a button marked ON and off for the satellite receiver, in the old software the on and off button did the same thing, discrete codes are usefull when programming macros. :D

With the discrete codes, can they be learned? I have a Home Theater Master MX-700 that would need the original remote to program it. Is there a button sequence for only ON and a different sequence for only OFF use the Dish remote control? Right now, it is screwy to press on, wait and then press system info and then enter again. It was kind of a patch that was thought of by someone on Remote Control.com. Thanks.

RemoteCentral.com

I would suggest that you take a look at remotecentral.com. To quote from the home page of the site...

"This site is designed to be the ultimate online source for information on mid- to high-end home theater remote controls with reviews, complete specifications, operating tips and user-to-user message boards on the latest and greatest products on the market. Remote Central also features DVD movie reviews, tips and other general information on working with remote controls plus a comprehensive archive of downloadable files."

One of the forums on the site is dedicated to the Home Theater Master remote controls. There is also a file area where you can download .mxd and .mxf files for the Home Theater Master remotes.

Discrete codes are a wonderful thing for macros on your remote. Non-discrete codes work as toggles. The Power code will turn on a device if it is off and off if the device is on. A discrete ON code will only turn the device on, if the device is off it will turn on if it is on it will stay on.

I have discrete power codes for all of the equipment in my ht system except for my 721. I also have discrete codes for every input on my TV and on my stereo receiver. This allows me to program a "HDTV" button that turns on my TV, turns on my 6000, turns on my stereo receiver, switches the tv to video input 5 (HD component input) and switches the stereo receiver to the MD/DAT input (6000 digital audio connected to this input) when I press this one button.

BTW Scott, do you know if discrete power codes are included in the upcoming update for the 721?

Thanks for the info but I already use the discrete codes for my Mitsubishi, Denon and other equipment. Only issue was Dish since they do use a toggle. Remote Central came up withe SYS INFO and Power twice sequence to make sure the 6000 came on whatever state it was currently in. I was only wondering if Dish did allow discrete codes now, are they only available in hex, *.ccf or a particular button sequence. If it is hex, the MX-700 can't use it. A ccf file can be converted with the new universal browser in the MXEditor but I've never used that before and if it is just a button sequence, that would be the easiest for my remote to learn. I searched Remote Central and there was no mention of using the new discrete power codes in the 6000 in any mxf files.

The nice thing about DishNetwork receivers is that, except for the dishplayers, all of their receivers use the same codes.

This page links to two files with dish discrete power code (on address 1 on the 301 and on address 2 on the 5000) that should work on your 6000.

As for dish allowing discrete codes... all I can say is that on my 6000 (still on 7.78 as I write this) and 508 (on 1.99) the discrete power on and discrete power off codes do work but not on my 721.[/url]

RollTide,

When DISH rolls out a new software release they send it to a limited number of receivers first. There is no way to force your receiver to update if the software isn't intended for your receiver. If often takes several weeks for all receivers of a model group to get it.

Bill R said:
RollTide,

When DISH rolls out a new software release they send it to a limited number of receivers first. There is no way to force your receiver to update if the software isn't intended for your receiver. If often takes several weeks for all receivers of a model group to get it.
....And I would imagine that those who've just gotten their 6000's through the current promotion are at the bottom of the list. If anyone with a new 6000 has gotten the update let us know, please.

AndyMon said:
....And I would imagine that those who've just gotten their 6000's through the current promotion are at the bottom of the list. If anyone with a new 6000 has gotten the update let us know, please.

I got my receiver 3 days ago. On powerup, it started downloading. I checked the software revision and it was 7.80.

markusian said:
AndyMon said:

I got my receiver 3 days ago. On powerup, it started downloading. I checked the software revision and it was 7.80.
Oh well, so much for that theory. :oops:
Anyone else?

I believe that Dish downloads updates by zip code. When I added the HD package, I ask when I would get it and the csr ask what my zip code was. I told them that all my friends already had the package and they transfered me to a tech guy who sent me a hit and walla, I had the HD package, even though I really did not know anyone who already had the HD package.

My old 6000 did not get 780 but my new 6000 I just put up picked up 780 right away. So its not zip code and it appears the new receivers get the latest. There may be something in the bootstrap that tells a new receiver it should get the latest code?

Bill R said:
RollTide,

Plus, as it was posted at dbstalk a few times, they limiting by serial number and SW/HW/BuildConfig versions of each model of receiver.

The rollout of software on the 6000 is much like it is on the 501, 301 and other receivers, it is gradually rolled out to make sure no bugs are there that were not caught in testing.

They roll it out to a few thousand homes wait a day to see if the tech support lights up with problems because of the upgrade, if not they release it to a few more and repeat this cycle until everyone has it.

The order of upgrade goes by the receiver ID number of the unit. (The R00 number) and sometimes can be random :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)