solo node and dish grounding

glgeek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Greetings

I have a 1000.4 on a post with a solo node hanging on the dish.
I am going to move the solo node into a detached garage to get it off the back side of the dish where it is just hanging, and get it inside. I will run 2 cables from the dish to the node and then a single cable from the node to the grounding block where the cable enters the primary residence.

Currently the cable from the solo node to the ground block is bonded to a clamp on the post and then to the ground block.

Since I will have 2 cables from the LNB to the node do I bond both of them to the post and then both to the node? And then the node to the ground block with a single ground?

If I don’t bond the ground of the 2 cables coming from the LNB to the post before they connect to the node, I don’t see how the dish will be grounded.

TIA

Greetings

I have a 1000.4 on a post with a solo node hanging on the dish.
I am going to move the solo node into a detached garage to get it off the back side of the dish where it is just hanging, and get it inside. I will run 2 cables from the dish to the node and then a single cable from the node to the grounding block where the cable enters the primary residence.

Currently the cable from the solo node to the ground block is bonded to a clamp on the post and then to the ground block.

Since I will have 2 cables from the LNB to the node do I bond both of them to the post and then both to the node? And then the node to the ground block with a single ground?

If I don’t bond the ground of the 2 cables coming from the LNB to the post before they connect to the node, I don’t see how the dish will be grounded.

TIA

A ground block is not required with the solo node. If your two cables have a bonded messenger attached, you only have to attach one end to the post/clamp/grounding strap at the dish pole, and the other end to one of the grounding slots of the solo node. Attaching two bonded messengers doesn't give you any additional grounding protection. One will drain any static buildup from the dish to the solo node and on out to your grounding source. The node has two slots on the bottom and one on top. It doesn't matter which one you use. One slot for the bonded messenger from the dish, another slot for your #10 ground wire. The solo node is UL and Dish Network approved as a grounding terminal. The existing line going into your residence attaches to the Host port of the solo node. No ground blocks needed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts