Some basic information

H2Guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
Santa Fe
I need a DISH education so a couple of questions, First some backround, my dish here in NM is a 500 unit with 3 LNB,s each has a feed that has a diplexer hooked to it, the other side of the diplexer hooks to each of 3 receivers, 2 922's and 1 wally.

First: if I am not using the return feeds from my boxes do I even need the diplexer, can I connect directly to each feed coming from the LNB's.
Next: if I did install a DPP44 switch does this combine all of the 3 individual LNB or does it still keep them separated?
And Last: Why can't you have both a Hopper and legacy Duo receivers together?

Thanks and pardon my ignorance if these are stupid questions!

I need a DISH education so a couple of questions, First some backround, my dish here in NM is a 500 unit with 3 LNB,s each has a feed that has a diplexer hooked to it, the other side of the diplexer hooks to each of 3 receivers, 2 922's and 1 wally.

First: if I am not using the return feeds from my boxes do I even need the diplexer, can I connect directly to each feed coming from the LNB's.
Next: if I did install a DPP44 switch does this combine all of the 3 individual LNB or does it still keep them separated?
And Last: Why can't you have both a Hopper and legacy Duo receivers together?

Thanks and pardon my ignorance if these are stupid questions!
Not sure what you mean by three LNB's - or do you mean an LNB with three eyes, as I suspect.
If you only have 3 receivers, you don't need or want a 44 switch. It's an additional potential fail point for one, and the power insert is a constant that has to be plugged in.
If you're not using the TV 2, the diplexer is not needed and the Wally should not be on a Diplexer

Hoppers and legacy - First, Dish will not create a work order for that and second, the technology now will take some creative installing