Some good news RE: stability

mfrodsha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2004
It has now been 1.5 weeks since I have had to rescan my OTA channels. Normally, I have to rescan them every 2-3 days. Recently, a tech came and switched out a connector used to connect wires from the Dish to the receiver, but that was only to fix an apparently dead wire. Maybe the wire was hyping out every 2-3 days, and causing havoch with my system. Who knows? I'm inclined to believe that the connector had nothing to do with the OTA channels, particularly since the OTA cable did not go through this connector.

Anyway, I checked last and the software update is still at L184. So, I'm a little confused. I'm glad to have the OTA stability, and I'm skeptical that changing the connector had anything to do with the receiver's OTA stability.

Is anyone else out there noticing anymore stability with their OTA channels than before?

I guess I really should knock on wood. I'm sure I'll go home from work tonight and find that the OTA's need to be rescanned, or something dumb.

In the last week I've had to add 2-4 of my OTA's twice. Before that, I haddn't had to add since L182.

Very strange.

That is strange indeed

I used to have to reload all of my ota channels. Not anymore. Sounds like yours are less stable, while mine are more stable now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)