Some questions before signing up...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wmansir

Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Hi all, I've been reading the forums the last few days but haven't found any answers to my questions, probably because they are too basic. I've never had SatTV before.

I'm looking into signing up with Dish would it be better to call dish directly or contact a local dealer listed on the Dish site? Do they both offer the same deals and which would be better if I had a problem?

Judging by the direction of some of the dishes in the neighborhood I'm pretty sure I will have some tree issues, but I should be able to clear a path once I know where to cut. What is the best way to go about this (have an installer come out first, try and figure it out myself, etc)? I'm a technical kinda guy and could figure out the azimuth/elevations stuff, but I don't know where the dish could/should be mounted, and I probably don't want to be crawling around my snow covered roof. Do I lose my $50 if the installer comes and says it's a no go?

It says on the E* website my area (Zip 04344) needs a superdish for locals. Is that an extra charge over the standard free install? Also, does the deal I'm looking at (522 + 322) require any contract? And finally, are there any "hidden fees" such as state/federal taxes I should expect to pay on top of the ~$53 quoted by E*?

Thanks for any help.

A local retailer can be looked in the eye and is probably going to be there if you need service. Pull up the local addresses and meet them if you don't feel comfortable with them then call the 800#. Spend a little time investigating before you buy instead of complaining after you get stood up.

A retailer or even Dish should be able to send someone out to provide a priliminary site survey without any extra charge...afterall they want your business. My friend had tree issues, and the retailer came out for free just to see if it was possible for her to get a signal in her apartment complex.

A "REAL" retailer will usually come out for a site survey. I will if asked or I think there might be a need - as long as it's not gonna cost me a lot of time/distance/gas. Ya know - a line has to be drawn, but I'm rural, lots of miles out here. It'll be easier in town. Walk into the local guys store and make friends - you may find he offers other things for you. In my case, it's mostly computer service. :)

The (un)fufillment so-called "retailers" won't come, nor will Dish (DNSC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)