Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
TOKYO -(Dow Jones)- Sony Corp. said Thursday it will begin from Dec. 13 domestic sales of a home-use device that can function as both a "PlayStation 2" game console and a DVD/hard-disc drive recorder.

The new device, called the "PSX," is strategically important for Sony, which aims to catch up with its domestic peers in the rapidly expanding DVD/HDD recorder market, including Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (NYSE:MC - News) and Pioneer Corp. .

The Japanese consumer electronics and entertainment giant aims to become a top DVD recorder supplier in Japan in the second half of this fiscal year through March. Matsushita currently leads the market, with an estimated market share of around 50%.

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/031127/0519000515_2.html

Little late if you ask me. How many people already have PS2's? Millions... Why would they get rid of them and buy a PSX? You can get a SA TiVo much easier than this and I'm sure not many people who don't have a PS2 would even be interested in the option.

I would have gotten one before I bought my SA TiVO and PS2, but not now.

That is a good point but for those that still do not have one and perhaps want a DVD recorder and a DVR they could have it all in one and a Playstation built into it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)