Sorting Out My Service Options Dish Or Directv... Please help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Hello to each of you,

I would really appreciate some assistance here. But before I begin, please; I'm not posting this to start a war of which of the two satellite services is better. I'm starting this thread, because I have a neurological disease. Due to this, I have problems remembering the details of each of the two satellite companies offerings. So, I really truly honestly need help sorting through my service options. So please, if you can penetrate through the fog that I am in (hahahhaha, both that which I was born with and that which has inflicted me due to disease) I could really, truly, and honestly use some help. Here are my questions.

1. What are the features of a wireless Joey? I have a family member that could really be helped by her being able to put this in her room, when she wants it in there, and getting it out when she desires.

2. Does the Hopper 3 have 4K capability? How about the Hopper 2?

3. From what I am able to see from the Directv site, they offer full time channels dedicated to Sports. Is this also the case with Dish? If not how does that work? I am also a huge Chicago Cubs Fan, does Dish Network offer the MLB Extra Innings Package?

4. Members of my family loved the auto record of network programing, when I had Dish a couple of years ago. Have the networks squashed this feature?

5. Directv's HD Genie, seems very versatile in the way it works with it's wireless Genie mini's. The Genie for example can be hidden in the home, while the minis can be mounted on the back of the tvs and never seen. How versatile and flexible are the Joey's? There is no real explanation readily available on the dish site's home page. Directv explains their equipments functions in plain site. (Again, please no bashing, I need information...I'm struggling due to my neuro disease.)

6. One of the things that I really like about my current Cable provider in my location is that when I watch a sporting event, the green grass doesn't appear to be moving around like it is alive, due to compression and pixelization issues. How does the field of play look on Dish currently? When I had Dish previously, there was an issue with this? Is it still there, though this would not be a game breaker (BAD SPIKE, BAD.. Not even funny), I do want to know what it is going to be like, as I watch my Cubs win the World Series this year.

7. Please give me your overall view of the POSITIVE differences between the way Dish provides it's channels vs. the POSITIVE way that Directv does theirs. (Again, I'm interested in how they function.. I'm not interested in hearing one side bash the other.) I used to understand the differences, but my neurological disease greatly affects my memory. No, I'm not faking it. I need positive help here, Please!

Thank you for your help. I truly do need your guidance and your patience. Again, Thanks

Spike

Hello to each of you,

I would really appreciate some assistance here. But before I begin, please; I'm not posting this to start a war of which of the two satellite services is better. I'm starting this thread, because I have a neurological disease. Due to this, I have problems remembering the details of each of the two satellite companies offerings. So, I really truly honestly need help sorting through my service options. So please, if you can penetrate through the fog that I am in (hahahhaha, both that which I was born with and that which has inflicted me due to disease) I could really, truly, and honestly use some help. Here are my questions.

1. What are the features of a wireless Joey? I have a family member that could really be helped by her being able to put this in her room, when she wants it in there, and getting it out when she desires.

2. Does the Hopper 3 have 4K capability? How about the Hopper 2?

3. From what I am able to see from the Directv site, they offer full time channels dedicated to Sports. Is this also the case with Dish? If not how does that work? I am also a huge Chicago Cubs Fan, does Dish Network offer the MLB Extra Innings Package?

4. Members of my family loved the auto record of network programing, when I had Dish a couple of years ago. Have the networks squashed this feature?

5. Directv's HD Genie, seems very versatile in the way it works with it's wireless Genie mini's. The Genie for example can be hidden in the home, while the minis can be mounted on the back of the tvs and never seen. How versatile and flexible are the Joey's? There is no real explanation readily available on the dish site's home page. Directv explains their equipments functions in plain site. (Again, please no bashing, I need information...I'm struggling due to my neuro disease.)

6. One of the things that I really like about my current Cable provider in my location is that when I watch a sporting event, the green grass doesn't appear to be moving around like it is alive, due to compression and pixelization issues. How does the field of play look on Dish currently? When I had Dish previously, there was an issue with this? Is it still there, though this would not be a game breaker (BAD SPIKE, BAD.. Not even funny), I do want to know what it is going to be like, as I watch my Cubs win the World Series this year.

7. Please give me your overall view of the POSITIVE differences between the way Dish provides it's channels vs. the POSITIVE way that Directv does theirs. (Again, I'm interested in how they function.. I'm not interested in hearing one side bash the other.) I used to understand the differences, but my neurological disease greatly affects my memory. No, I'm not faking it. I need positive help here, Please!

Thank you for your help. I truly do need your guidance and your patience. Again, Thanks

Spike
The wireless joey will do everything that the standard joeys do just with the ability to be moved from room to room with no need to use coax

The hopper 3 and 4k Joeys support 4k. But the hopper 2/regular joey/and wireless joey do no

For baseball they do have MLB extra innings. The regional sports nets are in hd full time now other than while infomercies are on from 1-7 am

Prime time anytime with autohop is still on the Hoppers but the autohopping of commercials does not happen on all 4 right away anymore

The Hoppers and joeys are versatile in that they do not need to be in sight to work they use the rf remotes as well so the Joeys and hopper don't need to be seen

As far as picture quality, most people here including myself will tell you directv has the best picture quality. In my opinion though the picture quality on dish has improved and looks really nice.

The positives for directv is their HD picture quality is the best I've seen even compared to cable. For dish the positives to me are the equipment is far superior to me with how feature rich it is.

Reactions: Spike
I do have one additional question. Directv and AT&T together are offering the ability to watch live programing on cell phones, when one pairs up AT&T cell phone service with Directv satellite service. So, if I am stuck in another doctor's office waiting again, I could watch something as I wait. How does Dish Network handle their streaming live TV. Thank you.

Spike

You are asking for quite a volume of info/opnions. There is a current thread here that should give you most of the info you seek.
I suggest reading, then come back with questions you might still have
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...e-options-dish-or-directv-please-help.363310/
I appreciate your post.

:( I am not as good at digging as I used to be prior to my neurological BRAIN disease. Some people have broken legs. I have a crippled brain. Thanks for your suggestion.

The wireless joey will do everything that the standard joeys do just with the ability to be moved from room to room with no need to use coax

The hopper 3 and 4k Joeys support 4k. But the hopper 2/regular joey/and wireless joey do no

For baseball they do have MLB extra innings. The regional sports nets are in hd full time now other than while infomercies are on from 1-7 am

Prime time anytime with autohop is still on the Hoppers but the autohopping of commercials does not happen on all 4 right away anymore

The Hoppers and joeys are versatile in that they do not need to be in sight to work they use the rf remotes as well so the Joeys and hopper don't need to be seen

As far as picture quality, most people here including myself will tell you directv has the best picture quality. In my opinion though the picture quality on dish has improved and looks really nice.

The positives for directv is their HD picture quality is the best I've seen even compared to cable. For dish the positives to me are the equipment is far superior to me with how feature rich it is.

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. People like me, with neuro diseases aren't very good at gathering info from multiple sources (as in phoning one company, remembering what they said, and then phoning another to compare.) In my case, I have to be able to see it all in one spot. Even then, there is no guarantee that I will remember it. Thank you so very much. You have been extremely helpful. And I truly truly appreciate it! Very much!

The hopper 3 as well as the hopper 2 or hws have sling built in giving you live streaming of all of your channels, dvr, and on demand content. Only difference is with directv you have the option of getting unlimited data if you also have directv which would make streaming unlimited if you aren't on an old unlimited plan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spike
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. People like me, with neuro diseases aren't very good at gathering info from multiple sources (as in phoning one company, remembering what they said, and then phoning another to compare.) In my case, I have to be able to see it all in one spot. Even then, there is no guarantee that I will remember it. Thank you so very much. You have been extremely helpful. And I truly truly appreciate it! Very much!
Not a problem spike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)