Spanish Channels

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
Can I get Almavision from Sat-Mex 5 or La Familia Network on a Glorystar set-up or is that broadcast in C-ban?

I am currently getting Alamvision as a PI channel from DISH but since I live on the Texas/Mexico border and help promote Glorystar, it would be helpful to know.

Last edited:
Almavision is on KU Band...depending on location the signal isnt the best (especially in the northern states) but Texas should be fine

Glorystar has conducted tests using the loop through feature of the test monoblock connected to a LNBF offset for SatMex 5, Almavision. Very good Signal Quality results in California, but as Iceberg pointed out, this signal does not cover the upper US or Canada.

In Texas, could you add an LNBF and program SatMex to a Glorystar system? Yes, easily done and the Signal Quality would be adequate. Would this configuration work in Washington State or any Northern US state or Canadian provence? No.

Glorystar would not include signals from a satellite with such poor footprint through North America. We have discussed the possibility of Almavision being carried on a different satellite, but this suggestion does not fit the current vision for their ministry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts