Special Charlie Chat Tonight!

Go Sox!!

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Illinois
It looks like there is a special Charlie Chat scheduled for Tomorrow, I wonder if it is because of the Distants going off on Fri. or maybe they will shed some light on Cinemax. I am sure they will not have any good news

Screenshot, If there is a Charlie Chat Thursday, there will be more screenshots...

Attachments

• 622 cc.JPG
    622 cc.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
He'll have a top 10 list of reasons why having your DVR neutered is a good thing.

10. Cause it isn't a PVR, its a DVR!

It will probably be broadcast from the roof of the building where Charlie will be hanging an outdoor antenna to show how easy it is to get locals now that distants are being taken away...

i hope they do not get rid of the superstations since my local fox and wb stations will not be on dish since contract negotiations are not going well. My local stations will be taken off as of the 1st of december. I hope they are going to credit my account forthe time I will not have a local channel.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Does Charlie just LOOK to put his chats on during NFL games? I will be out enjoying the rain at the Bengals/Ravens game. Some one take notes for me :D

Agenda:

1) Why you don't need those stinkin' networks anyway
2) Why you REALLY don't need those Pappas Local stations.
3) Why Cinemax was never a good deal
4) Why NBR on your PVR (Not DVR) needed to be removed so they could get a better one for you later.
5) Credit Card Autopay!

See ya
Tony

You forgot reprogramming your universal remote to pick up locals with your TV's bulit in tuner :D

Now that it looks like Directv has WGN-HD and RSN's in Chicago I have 2 more reasons to leave Dish. They need a better business approach, maybe they should broadcast all or their legal battles on court TV (They can broadcast in HD and would not have lack of content)

I realize the distants and some other issues are problems for many customers...but after years w/ Chicago cable and DirecTV, I can say that I've been way happier w/ Dish than anyone. I'm hoping they pull through these tribulations and offer some 'thank you's' to loyal customers...especially the profitable HD ones such as many here.

This fall has had the feeling of a 'reel from the blows and regroup' phase for E*...after a string of hits and growth and solid new products/channel additions. Treat it like a dip on the roller coaster and hopefully we'll see the next rise soon. Naive I may be (hey, I'm still buying into the 'USB storage coming soon' thing), but I'm keeping fingers crossed for something positive to come out of this chat.

I have just received word from Dish Network that there WILL NOT be a Live Charlie Chat Tonight (although its listed that way in the guide)

Instead there will be a video loop of Jim and Charlie talking about the Distant Network situation.

You heard it here first. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts