Speilberg...Not Just Yet!!

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
The PR group for the HD DVD forum has just posted an apology for placing E.T., Jaws, and Jurassic Park on their Coming Soon list before consulting with Spielberg first.
Engadget

"The inclusion in the January 29 update of our "Coming Soon List" of three Steven Spielberg classics was an error on our part. The HD DVD Promotion Group expresses sincere apologies to Steven Spielberg, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and HD DVD fans for this mistake. We will endeavor to prevent any similar mistake and to provide accurate information."

http://www.hddvdprg.com/eng/list.html

Ok, so did speilberg say he won't allow it? That arcticle would be nice if there a bit more backbround on what was going on. Thanks for the info though, not that I was looking to buy any of those movies on HD-DVD.

Is speilberg promoting BD and since the movies are universal he's locked into HD-DVD for now? Did unviersal distribute the movies orignally?

Edit: hey this was already posted at the end of the HD-DVD releases thread by GeorgeLV. But at least this post makes it a little more noticeable.

Here is the article from engadgethd.com

So it looks like HD DVD fans are not going to get Spielberg's blockbuster films as soon as expected. The PR group for the HD DVD forum has just posted an apology for placing E.T., Jaws, and Jurassic Park on their Coming Soon list before consulting with Spielberg first. Long time movie experts know that Spielberg does not embrace new home movie formats right off the bat, but rather waits for a bit - George Lucas is the same way with his films. So basically, these three movies are not going to be the saving grace of HD DVD anytime soon.

Spielburg is having a little tiff with Universal Studios. I am not sure over what but I have read that more than once. Right now he is standing pat on not letting any of his titles show up in a HD format right now.

After I saw ET, I thought it would become a classic. Seemed to really appeal to kids.

Boy, was I wrong!

- - -

But with more recent movies available on high def discs in the future, I might never have to go to a loud, sticky floored, expensive (snack prices!) and crowded box again, just to watch a movie!

E.T. is like a bad Muppets movie -- kids now days want CGI , flashy animation or a real cool story and E.T. just isn't there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)