Split DMA OTA EPG - fixed by software update?

lwlt06

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Longview, TX
I have owned the 942 for over a year now and pay for locals but still have no OTA EPG info. My subscribed locals are physically to the east of me - Shreveport, LA. Recently I noticed that when I search for a show that I know will be aired on any of the major networks, the results indicate shows from the subscribed locals but also from the local OTA stations that are in the DMA to my west from Tyler, TX (without any information of course.) At the very least, I would have thought this search should have shown the OTA stations in my subscribed DMA. I had a 921 previously that had had no OTA EPG and Dish was able to shortly have it working for me.

I am curious how the fix is accomplished. Is some sort of fix sent to an individual box or are things like this sent out on larger maintenance software releases?

My home is about 100 yards from the county line and is in a zipcode area that is shared by two counties and the two different DMAs. Since the search is including ota locals to the western non-subd DMA, would Dish consider moving my subd local package from the eastern DMA to the western DMA? I am just curious if they would do this, if that might possibly let me begin to get the OTA guide info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts