Splitter problems

teribruins

Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Denver
I just upgraded to the Hopper. My small tv in my bathroom was connected to my bedroom tv via a splitter. Now, with the Hopper, it doesn't work. The installer said it would be possible to get it working again, but I would have to cut fairly large holes in my wall and connect it using an RCA cable. Before cutting massive holes in my wall - does anyone know if this works? Or, is there another option?

Teri

The Hopper does not have an RF output. The only way to connect to a Hopper is HDMI or RCA. So get out your saw!

Last edited:
depending on how your coax is run, you could run an RF modulator out from the hopper and connect to that TV via coax.

Or put a Joey in the central distribution area that feeds that splitter and again use an RF modulator out from there.

Cutting holes should be a very last resort situation. There are plenty of options discussed on this forum to mirror SD out to other TVs.

Last edited:
You could use an RF modulator between the Hopper and the bathroom TV. No holes needed at all....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103095

That's the one I use to feed the kitchen and spa room from the office Joey. The joey is in a central location and no cables had to be extended. All passed by the central location of the joey from the old TV2 days, and this CH3 or 4 output is much better than tv2 was.