Splitter

clonedbhandar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Is there a switch that splits the signal from one input to 3 outputs, not a dp34 or 44 but like the switch they use for dish pro plus. (The dish pro plus splitter which splits it to 2 inputs)

Splitters don't work with satellite with a few exceptions. You need a switch to be able to feed 3 different receivers. You can split the output to different TVs but you'll watch the same channel on the different TVs.

clonedbhandar said:
Is there a switch that splits the signal from one input to 3 outputs, not a dp34 or 44 but like the switch they use for dish pro plus. (The dish pro plus splitter which splits it to 2 inputs)

It is called a separator. At the moment , there are only 2 outputs from their separator.

Yes, the only device that can work for "splitting" signals is the DPP separator.. and, I am pretty sure that it will NOT feed a pair of single receivers.. only DPP dual-tuners..

can it be done... sure... with enough money anything can be done. If you really wanted to you could look into bandstacking the frequencys yourself... but that would be terribly expensive and alot of work.
in the real world... no... there is no such splitter

Can somebody explain the DPP Seperator to me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what seperator/switches they installed. I'm still trying to figure out how they run 1 line that controls a dual tuner and sends the signal to another TV.

Right now I know I have a DPP 500 dish, one coax going into the box that contains all my lines. There is some sort of seperator i'm guessing in there. I know that the line (1) going to my receiver at TV1, and another line (1) going to my TV2.

Sounds like you have a Dish 500 with a DPP Twin and a dual tuner receiver. The 3rd piece needed to fully utilize DishPro Plus is the DPP Separator which is a diplexer that breaks out the band-stacked DP frequency range from the regular DBS range, sending each to one of the satellite inputs. It would be placed directly behind the receiver.

See DishPro Technology on the EKB.

Can somebody explain the DPP Seperator to me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what seperator/switches they installed. I'm still trying to figure out how they run 1 line that controls a dual tuner and sends the signal to another TV.

Right now I know I have a DPP 500 dish, one coax going into the box that contains all my lines. There is some sort of seperator i'm guessing in there. I know that the line (1) going to my receiver at TV1, and another line (1) going to my TV2.

Red Wings,

It's fairly simple in concept. Since Dish Pro LNBF's and switches are able to BandStack, in essence carry two sets of either ODD or EVEN transponders, a Dual Tuner Receiver can Tell the Dish PRO LNBF's/Seperator to transmit the two sets of Signals it needs on either or of the TWO Bandstacked frequencies down that one cable, The Seperator just routes the proper frequencies and or orbital slot to Sat input #1 or Sat Input #2.

While I say the concept is simple for Dual Tuner receivers it is NOT for Multiple receivers as this solution can NOT provide all the orbital slots and or frequencies needed for all Dish services so Mulitple receivers can receive all Freqencies for up to three Orbital slots at any one time.

In the solution for dual tuner receivers it only needs two unique signals or Orbital slots/Even/Odd at one time, this is PERFECT for TWO Tuners as this solution is capable of sending ONLY TWO Sets of frequencies. Since connecting multiple receivers to a signal cable could require one of those receivers need to get a different orbital slot or Even or ODD transponder signal that is currently provided on the ONE Cable with only Two Sets of Either or Orbital slot and or Even or Odd transponders all receivers would be waging a war to get control of the LNBF's to get the signal it needs to operate.

In the end you would have a system that wouldn't work at all or would work on and off, with you getting dialog boxes with Switch errors and or Signal lost on your TV's.

Now if you could get enough Coax bandwidth to bandstack, 6 Complete Sets of Frequencies, instead of TWO, to be able to transmit up to three Orbital slots with BOTH ODD and EVEN transponders on one cable then it might be possible. Until then NO.

John

A Dish Pro+ LNBF with a feed going into it from a third satellite and two cables going from the LNBF to two separators will feed two dual tuner receivers at the same time. That is to say , four tuners from 2 receivers, meeting separate requirements at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)