Splitting Dish signal

acousticbiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I have a dual LNB Dish with one line feeding my family room and one going into my master bedroom. Both of the runs from the dish come into a central wiring hub in the basement where signals are then routed. I would like to watch Dish in another room but not pay for another receiver. It wouldn't been used much and I'd be fine with just watching whatever one of the activated receivers is tuned to. Is there a way that I can split the incoming Dish signal to two different TVs? I tried using a Radio Shack splitter, but the receiver never acquired a satellite signal.

I remember having a roommate with Dish that was able to rig two of his TVs to see the same programming off of one receiver. How is this done?

You don't want to split the incoming signal to the receiver. You want to split the output from the receiver to your TV.

maximum said:
You don't want to split the incoming signal to the receiver. You want to split the output from the receiver to your TV.

Maximum if I'm right all he would need to do is go coaxial out of his receiver to the new TV and he could watch the same thing that is on that receiver. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bob

The issues are likely not having enough coax to come BACK from where the receiver is to the central hub. This is solved with Diplexers.

Alternatively, if the receivers (what kind are they?) use UHF remotes, maybe he can move them to the central hub and be able to feed all the TVs from there 0 could even get fancy at that point. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts