Splitting HDTV output from 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the_phew

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Hi, I am getting my 622 today. I currently use two 811s, one attached to a 480P plasma and another attached to a 720P LCD. The TVs are on different floors, but the two receivers are only about 4 ft apart through the floor.

My wife and I never watch different channels on the two TVs at the same time, but we sometimes have both TVs on at the same time (downstairs LCD is in the kitchen, so sometimes they are both on so I don't miss any of the game while making snacks/etc).

I know the 622 has two tuners, but since both TVs are always on the same channel, I'd rather not relegate one to SD. Before anyone says "well your plasma is only 480P...", trust me, HDTV content actually looks better on the 480P plasma than the 720P LCD (42" vs. 27", and the plasma colors are far superior).

So my question is this: What's the best way to split the HD video from the 622 to go to both TVs? I currently use component cables for both TVs, but I am told splitting a component signal is a bad idea. Would component for the plasma and DVI for the LCD work? Can the 622 output both at the same time?

The plasma is an older Panasonic EDTV (4UY or 5UY I think is the end of the model number), and I don't think it has HDMI. The LCD is a Syntax Olevia, which I think has HDMI. I assume both have S-video, although I'm at work so I don't know.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If the LCD has HDMI, use the HDMI output to it, put panasonic on composites also run the components to the tv on the other floor just in case you want something different on that tv since you will probably use the audio parts anyway. Switch to dual mode will be there if you want or need it.

It works with 942. I use component for Hitachi HDTV upstairs, and use HDMI (26', $30) for downstairs Panasonic HD projector. Optical audio split with $5 splitter for upstairs and downstairs audio receivers. It works great:)

Wow $30 and $5, thats about a 1/4 of what I can find em for. Can you share your low price source?

Im sure many will end up with two HDTVs someday soon.

What I have is a 942 connected to a component splitter which splits to 5 different component outputs with seemingly no image quality loss (not that I can tell, anyway). The splitter also splits the audio. So, I then just run the component and audio to my 3 different HDTVs. I use a couple of RF remotes for the away TVs and the infrared remote for the TV close to the receiver. Works great. I also have HDTV receivers hooked up to the "away' HDTVs, so that if someone is watching something on the 942 (or multiple things are being recorded and the tuners are all in use), I can tune in a different "live" channel through the connected 811 receiver on a different input on the TV. (I run the 942 in single user mode.)

I currently drive 2 HDTVs off one 622. I use HDMI on one and component on the other. Previously I used the 921 and use component to both TVs, I bought a component video amp/splitter. Like they use in television stores, it has an input and 4 component outputs (with audio).

What if I have 2 622s and I want to send the optical audio from each to a receiver than only has one jack for optical input?
Is there also a device that take the 2 inputs and feed to one receiver?

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)