Sports Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
Are the extra sports channels that E clustered in a Sports Pack available any more? I don't see it offered on the web site.

Does anyone have these? Is it worth it and do you see more sports?I realize it will be college level sports but any feedback will be appreciated.

I would advise you not to get the sports package, very often the college football, college basketball, and NBA games are all blacked out.
If the game is not in your region, about 99% of the time you can't watch, which kind of defeats the purpose if offering the other regions.

I would advise you not to get the sports package, very often the college football, college basketball, and NBA games are all blacked out.
If the game is not in your region, about 99% of the time you can't watch, which kind of defeats the purpose if offering the other regions.
Absolutely, totally wrong.

Summary on what you can see on the Sports Pacakge:

- Alll out-of-market major pro sports blacked out, except for a few areas that qulaify to see multiple teams (most often MLB).
- Some (maybe half) of major NCAA football / mens' bball blacked out. There are Big 12 / Pac 10 football games in the clear that your local RSN may preempt. Small college games are usually not blacked out. And for reasons I don't understand syndicated games on the newer RSNs (CSN West, Altitude, SNY) usually don't get blacked out.
- Other NCAA sports (women's bball, hockey) almost always in the clear.

I'll admit you don't get a lot extra with Multi-Sport in the summer, but basketball season is a great time to have it. It's worth $5.99/mo. for me just to see the UCLA and USC bball games on Fox Prime Ticket and Arizona games on FSN Arizona.

Details: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htm

I had the ESPN Gamplan and the multi-sport package for college football and thought it was worth it. What Gameplan didn't cover, I could usually get through the package except for a few of the overpriced pay-per-view games. I watched a lot of the PAC10 and Big 12 games this way.

We are big Lacrosse fans and I was wondering how much I would get to see. thanks for all the replies.

I had it briefly, too much blacked out. I couldn't even watch a game between two teams over 350 miles away from my own home team! I called and cancelled after that last incident.

So if I live in Flroida and want to see the Coubs this summer I should just stick with WGN and not Comcast on the sports pack?

So if I live in Flroida and want to see the Coubs this summer I should just stick with WGN and not Comcast on the sports pack?
Cubs games on Comcast/Chicago are blacked out to everyone except those in the Cubs home area (parts of Illinois / Indiana / Iowa, maybe a bit of Wisconsin). If you want to watch a few Cubs games, WGN is good. If you want to watch most or all of the Cubs, you need or order the MLB EI pacakge next year (or get the MLB.TV internet package).

I had it briefly, too much blacked out. I couldn't even watch a game between two teams over 350 miles away from my own home team! I called and cancelled after that last incident.
What two teams? If you live in California you *cannot* watch Cubs games in Multi-Sport, they will be blacked out. If you live in New York you *cannot* watch an ACC basketball game on FSN South, it will be blacked out. The distance you live from the teams involved has no bearing.

Confused

Im a little confused here. When I had Dish two years ago, it listed all the RSNs and other regional sports networks. Now, nothing is listed above 405, or some channel like that. This was a reason I signed back up with dish is to see all the Poker shows at various times of the day, and now the RSNs are gone.

The sports pac channels are still there. In fact I was flipping threw them today and there was a college baksetball game on 95% for the RSN's but my local provider FSN Pittsburgh was not carrying it. I had the option of watching it on the other RSNs and it was not blacked out.

Depending on what your looking for you can find some intersting things on the RSNs besides pro sports

Im a little confused here. When I had Dish two years ago, it listed all the RSNs and other regional sports networks. Now, nothing is listed above 405, or some channel like that. This was a reason I signed back up with dish is to see all the Poker shows at various times of the day, and now the RSNs are gone.
With AT60+, AT120, etc. you will only see your local RSN in the program guide. The other RSNs in Multi-Sport are hidden unless you sub to the package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts