Spotbeam 26

Erniec

Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
:confused: Is it possible to receive spotbeam 26 on sat 110 in the southeast Phoenix area. Looking at the map the coverage extends only to northen Arizona. Would a 1 meter dish help. I can get only a 20 - 30 % signal strength right now.

If you have some signal now (As opposed to no signal at all) and you are sure its the right spotbeam - as opposed to the spotbeam on the other side of you - then there is something there and you just need to get the signal up over roughly 45 to make it lock (though you really need to get it to 50 or so- then you won't keep getting interuptions that the signal has been lost in your viewing.

Would 1 Meter help? Yes. Would be it be enough? Dunno.

Generally speaking, I have roughly found that for each .1 Meter in Dish Size I moved up elevated the signal 2 points and most likely you are starting with a .5Meter.

A large enough dish would eventually get whatever signal it is up over 45 - but as you have virtually no information about what you are using now, its hard to say what size that would end up being.

If given your worse case scenario, starting at 20 and 2 points per .1 meter, then you probably will need around a 1.8 - 2.0 Meter Dish to lock it in.

Again, that is only a rough ballpark figure given very rough data you supplied - so YMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)