Sprint does it again, reason I stay with them

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I've been a sprint customer for around 9 years now and I've had many different phones from them. Currently I have an iPhone 4s but before that I had an HTC evo that went to the pool with me and died due to water damage. I took that evo to the sprint store and told the clerk I was ready to pay up for a new phone as it was my fault, she gave me the phone free no questions asked and I walked away happily.

Recently I was at denny's with a couple of friends and the waiter spilled all of our drinks on the table and my phone was there. The phone died with hot coffee everywhere on top of it. I don't have apple care since they don't sell it to Puerto Rico residents but I told the waiter not to worry about it since accidents do happen. He thanked me and told me to call the store if anything happened. I took the phone to the sprint store and told the guy what happened (no funny business just straight to the point accidental water damage). He told me to wait 20mins and then the tech came out with a magnifying glass and showed me how the inside of the headphone jack was red and had corrosion. Before I asked him how much did it cost to replace my phone he said "Since you were honest I'm going to replace it for free". My mouth dropped and he continued telling me about people who yell at him claiming moisture activated the sensors when it was completely red indicating water damage and he thanked me for being calm and being honest.

Sure, they have the crappiest network right now but with great customer service, I'm not going anywhere.

Honesty is the best policy :)

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
sprint is who i have and i have never been happier. data speeds here are very fast unlike att.

i was with att for years. the throttled my unlimited data plan down to 24K speeds. apps timed out and would not work.

this was att's way of showing me customer appreciation.

now they are trying to charge me an early termination fee and i have not been under contract for 4 years!! att's crap customer srvc never ceases to amaze me.

instead of hiring enough staff to take care of customers our corporate att store installed podiums with sign in sheets so you can sign in and wait an hour for a csr.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Sounds like somebody needs to invest in a case!:D I use the ballistic HC for my evo 3d. Wouldn't save it from a pool. But, maybe a spill!

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I had an otterbox defender but one of the plastic clips broke, Need to call for the warranty to get a new one shipped to me. I'm thinking of getting the lifeproof case for it.
iPhone 4 case, iPhone Case, Waterproof iPhone Case, Protective Case | LifeProof

AT&T is one of the best but most expensive carrier in the island, they have LTE everywhere yet sprint still has terrible 3g service. (100-200kbps avrg). I pay for the 1500 everything data plan $240 a month for 5 lines with free incoming minutes(Old ad on I managed to keep). On AT&T it would be way more expensive.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Symbol said:
I've been a sprint customer for around 9 years now and I've had many different phones from them. Currently I have an iPhone 4s but before that I had an HTC evo that went to the pool with me and died due to water damage. I took that evo to the sprint store and told the clerk I was ready to pay up for a new phone as it was my fault, she gave me the phone free no questions asked and I walked away happily.

Recently I was at denny's with a couple of friends and the waiter spilled all of our drinks on the table and my phone was there. The phone died with hot coffee everywhere on top of it. I don't have apple care since they don't sell it to Puerto Rico residents but I told the waiter not to worry about it since accidents do happen. He thanked me and told me to call the store if anything happened. I took the phone to the sprint store and told the guy what happened (no funny business just straight to the point accidental water damage). He told me to wait 20mins and then the tech came out with a magnifying glass and showed me how the inside of the headphone jack was red and had corrosion. Before I asked him how much did it cost to replace my phone he said "Since you were honest I'm going to replace it for free". My mouth dropped and he continued telling me about people who yell at him claiming moisture activated the sensors when it was completely red indicating water damage and he thanked me for being calm and being honest.

Sure, they have the crappiest network right now but with great customer service, I'm not going anywhere.

Honesty is the best policy :)

That is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
instead of hiring enough staff to take care of customers our corporate att store installed podiums with sign in sheets so you can sign in and wait an hour for a csr.
Verizon does this too. Annoying as hell. I think a good way to get their attention would be to just go up and yell out, "If no one helps me in the next 5 minutes I'm cancelling/not signing up with your service!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)