SpyBot detects known Active X spyware on forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

satmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Louisiana
Any ideal why Spybot detects active x spyware on this forum?

Message is Spybot detects Avenue A, inc this is a known threat!

I suspect this is the vondage banner ad but someone needs to check on it.

I would also suggest that everyone scan for Avenue A, inc spyware.

I believe this is SpyBot reporting the activity incorrectly. AvenueA is an ad company that loads tracking cookies. A quick Google search confirms that SpyBot is reporting the cookie as an ActiveX thread. You probably have hundreds of cookies on your system since virtually every site you visit leaves at least one behind. Nothing to be alarmed over.

O.K. there is nothing for the reply, since someone mention the ACTIVEX, I do have the problem on this.

When I trying to download something, like upgrade the software from Microsoft, it always saying something like, your security setting that prevent you use the ActiveX, but I checked all the possible treat and can not find anything that is block the use of download, also, sometime, it saying no dll or dll missing, I can not open attachment from mail for a long time.

sksatellite said:
O.K. there is nothing for the reply, since someone mention the ACTIVEX, I do have the problem on this.

When I trying to download something, like upgrade the software from Microsoft, it always saying something like, your security setting that prevent you use the ActiveX, but I checked all the possible treat and can not find anything that is block the use of download, also, sometime, it saying no dll or dll missing, I can not open attachment from mail for a long time.

I have absolutely no idea what that says because it doesn't make any sense at all.

sksatellite said:

If your browser is blocking ads, you will receive a prompt below the toolbar stating your security settings prevent you from using ActiveX. Just click the on the prompt and your browser will let you proceed with the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)