squareshooter

There was a review done last year by The Perfect Vision (I think) and they gave it very high ratings. The only problem it has was pulling in analog channel 2. You may also look in the HD Equipment section of AVSForum, it was discussed at length there.

I use a squareshooter 2 (amped) and a zenith silver sensor indoor antenna and both work very well. I'm about the same distance from both Balt. and DC towers, approx 15-18 miles and get sigs in the high 80's.

I tested the squareshooter in the Tampa Bay area with dow electronics and was amazed at how well it pulled in digital channels without an amp. I'd have one if I hadn't already jointennaed every 8-bay available to man.

I use the Square Shooter 2000 (with the amp). My stations are about 25 miles away, and after some pains in finding an adequate spot, I'm receiving fairly well the ones that are transmitting at a decent power.

The only problem with this antenna is that it's highly directional. Point it a few degrees off from the direction the signals are coming from, and it won't nearly get anything... I have one station (PBS) that comes from a direction opposite to the rest, and even though it's the most reliable signal, I don't get it at all if I point the antenna in the direction of the rest of the stations.

So basically, this antenna will work for you if all of your stations are coming from the same general direction.

I need to add my 2 cents, for what's it worth. I bought the Square Shooter 2000 from solidsignal. I'm in Colorado Springs. I'm about 15.1 miles from the transmitter source. With the Square Shooter, I never could get the lower VHF channels very clear. I even increased the amp to 21 Db, but no change. I went to Lowes and bought the Channel Master STEALTHtennna, model 3010. The channels cleared up. My 11-1 VHF went from 14-17 to 87. My other analog and digital UHF signals are clearer, as well. As I said, just my 2 cents. I hope this helps.

The Squareshooter was designed to actually be used in an urban setting ie; townhouse, apts and is very good at picking up sigs bouncing of other structures. Wingard will soon have available the "Sharpshooter" their new indoor unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)