SRC & TVA Montreal on F2 now?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I was having some issues with my 75e dish (actually the LNB) so I decided to go back to just a F1 setup...since I only have a 205 receiver

And I noticed that 700 & 711 (SRC & TVA Montreal) are on F2 now. Not that I watch it (don't speak French) but I thought those 2 since they are "must carry" that they HAD to be on F1 so everyone can see them?

I wonder if it's anything like what E* did for a while with "must carry" on locals. As in, as long as the provider agrees to upgrade any customer to the newer dish at no charge, then the must carry is considered to be satisfied. Although I'm surprised the CRTC would allow that sort of thing, they seem to keep a tighter rein on their providers up north.

Yes. This occurred several months ago, as you can see from the attached document, along with their reasons for doing so.

What kind of problems are you having with the LNB? I'd be interested in knowing how you resolve it, if you do. I'm still considering replacing my generic dish/lnb @F2 with the 75E because I no longer get Montreal CBC or CTV since they removed them from the dual feed on F2 in the late summer of 2007. But I'm not excited about the possibility of having to deal with 75E LNB issues.

Attachments

• 2008_03_10_Relocation_of_TV5.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
When I originally put up the dish almost all the channels had ebno #'s 7.5 or higher. Some were near 10.

Then I started having frequent "blackouts" where the light on the receiver would go from green to red for a second or two then back to green. I dont know how many channels it was but it always seemed to be the few channels I or my nieces watch. Family E & W were the ones that kept going out for them and CBC West would go out too.

I found that Night Court is on Omni2 M-F so I record it (love that show) and each day it would go out 2 or 3 times per episode. I noticed that the ebno's were around +6.0 to +6.3 on alot of channels. I tried to tweak but nothing helped. I am in the sweet spot

So I moved one of my Primestar dishes to 107.3 and now I have all channels at 10.0 up to 12.0 :D

The dish I moved to 105W and I noticed that the horizontal transponders are way weaker than they should be. Checking Lytngsat those channels in question are on H transponders so it sounds like my LNB is going out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts