Starband & Fapping

Starband User

Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I happened upon a thread in this forum that was a couple of years old, and just had to respond to it, in case any one is not clear about Starband and their fapping policy.

I get a meager 50Kbps from Starband, on average. So far in 2005 I have gotten about half that, down to slower than dialup, however. I want all to know my experiences with Starband and fapping. Even at this lousy DL speed, they have fapped me numerous times. I have been back and forth with "supervisors" on the phone -- WHEN I COULD ACCESS ANYONE BY PHONE (they have NEVER responded to my emails, BTW) - and three different people at three different times have explained their fapping policy:

It doesn't matter how much or how little you download. They will just slice off a portion of the "heaviest" downloaders on each "cluster" and fap them. Period.

You can imagine, at my poor speeds, how frustrating it is. The previous forum writer said he/she was getting DL speeds above 600-800 Kbs? Geez. And never got fapped? I get speeds ranging from slower than dialup up to 50Kbps, and fapped weekly?

Satellite is only good for downloading, and from usenet particularly. (web DLs with Starband are amazingly slow, tested at times SLOWER that DIALUP). Browsing the web on port 80 is painfully slow. Wait. Wait. Wait. Because of long upload times.

So, why not maximize the downloading aspect? Why take away the only good thing about satellite? And why is Starband not up front about it? Sure, web browsing will be slow, but make up for it by good download!

I think all the satellite broadband companies do this. This is just another disadvantage to add to the list of others that satellite has over DSL or cable broadband which is not available to most that get the satellite broadband service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)