start early/end late causing conflicts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Can someone tell me if I understand this right?

On my 622, I have shows by default start recording early by 2 minutes, and ending late 2 minutes.

If starting early or ending late was going to cause a conflict (like I'm recording a 30-minute show at 7:30 and at 8:00), then it doesn't start early or end late, just records the program for 30 minutes. At least that's what I think my 622 does.

But on the 922 it doesn't seem to do that? It seems to prefer to start early/end late, and cause a conflict for the next show instead? Is this the normal behavior for the 922? Is there something I misconfigured?

Dish receivers work much better if you leave the early/late at the "factory" default of 1 min early 3 min late.

I don't use start early or late on most of my sat timers. Now my ota channels I do start early . I use a default of 0 early and 0 late . I also found out that if you really want a show to record later , you set the ending for 5 minutes late. That way it will record all 5 minutes. If you set it for 2 or 3 minutes late and you have a second show coming on right after this show , it will ignore the late minutes and record the next show instead.

That's precisely it... my 922 doesn't seem to "ignore the late minutes and record the next show instead". I would like it to do that because that's how it behaves on my 622. But my 922 seems to prefer to start early and end late and completely miss the next show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts