Starz HD East: The Butterfly Effect 9pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
starzhdthebutterflyeffect.jpg

I wonder which one is the director's cut. I did not see either version before last night. Anyway, I though it was good entertainment with some thinking behind it. When it started it quoted something from either "Quantum theory" or "Chaotic theory" both of which I have come across some how. This is one of those movies that while you are watching it, you wouldn't know in what timeframe you are watching. What I mean is that the movie stars in the past of the psychology student. It is not understood until later (very late) in the movie that this is what is happening. Various outcomes are portrayed when various choices are made. Umm... This is something which definitely is something that I agree. The choices one makes today will have consequences tomorrow. Some which we will see and some which will not even know that happened and how it affected those around us. Good movie.

dont want to spoil the directors cut for those that havent seen it but it is much better than theatrical (it solves why the mother had so many miscarriges, hope thats not being too close to a spoiler).... and this was a really good movie. Hope it airs again soon before they cut it off for the rest of us :)

OK SPOILER

The directors cut had him go back to just when he was about to be born and strangle himself on the umbiical cord (there was a mention that she had 3 miscarriges before this one, so that explained that) and since he was never born the chick never died. Sorry for being vague but its been a while since Ive seen the movie and dont remember names/specifics.

dfergie said:
Actually there are 3 endings if you watch the extras... Its been awhile since I have seen it too so cannot remember names, but was the bad kid not one of the most evil kids you have seen?

Yes. I really thought that the brother of the girl who showed evil behavior did a tremendous acting job. Not only can he portrait evil but at given moment in time he could change to be normal kid. I think there was a scene where this was portrait in about 5 seconds. That is the two behaviors. Maybe it was not his acting but the editor of the movie who put these two character together in less than 5 seconds. It was great!

Encore HD: Good Morning, Vietnam 10pm ET

KungFu HD Movies...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)