Starz-HD East: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 9pm EDT

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B00018D44K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: The 2003 version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre adheres to the pure and simple slasher movie formula: Introduce a gaggle of sexy young people, make vague gestures to distinguish them--Jessica Biel (Summer Catch) wants to get married and doesn't like pot, so she's our moral compass--then start hacking them to pieces one by one. The visual palette includes grimy crucified dolls, fly-specked pig carcasses, body parts floating in murky jars, a tobacco-chewing redneck sheriff, and many slender beams of sunlight cutting through dank, dusty interiors. The camera lovingly photographs Biel's tank-topped bosom and sculpted abs as she's running in terror from a bloated, chainsaw-wielding, human-skin-wearing maniac. This remake lacks the macabre comedy of the original; it's all about the nauseating sensation of waiting for something to jump out of the dark. Also featuring Eric Balfour (Six Feet Under) and R. Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket, Mail Call). --Bret Fetzer

This looks like another upconvert... I'm getting sick of Starz HD because out of every 4 new premieres ONE is actually in HD... Kill bill, Texas Chainsaw, Brother Bear all in EDTV GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! If Voom ever comes up with a HBO/Cinemax deal I'm dropping VVV...Starz was the one that originally wanted to come up with a EDTV channel but people didn't really like it, but it's still there! It's called StarzHD. and Starz HD west.

F U Starz I can BUY the DVD, it's been out for months now, I sub to you for HD PROGRAMMING