Still need second dish to get HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi,
I live in Franklin County in Pennsylvania. They just moved all the rest of the locals from the 61.5 satellite to the main satellite, but they kept the washington dc hd locals on the 61.5 satellite. I was wondering if they were planning on moving the hd locals to the 119 or 110 anytime. I wouldn't mind getting a second dish because the 129 satellite signal is really low right now for me. It's usually around 50 something. Today it was around 40 something and I wasn't getting any picture. And yes I had them come back before and try to get a better signal. I tried talking them into giving me a second dish but they said I should be ok with the dish 1000. So does anyone know if they'll move them? And if not will it cost me now to get a second dish if I wanted one now since all the locals are on one satellite?

Washington DC HD is staying at 61.5 for the foreseable future. You should have a dish 500 pointed at 119/110 and another dish 500 with 1 lnb pointed at 61.5 you should not have a dish 1000

BFG said:
Washington DC HD is staying at 61.5 for the foreseable future. You should have a dish 500 pointed at 119/110 and another dish 500 with 1 lnb pointed at 61.5 you should not have a dish 1000
Our install last week in the suburbs north of DC reflects this exactly.

I Live in Morgan County, West Virginia and am part of the Washington, DC DMA. You should have two dishes, one for 61.5 and the other for 110/119, not 129. Dish should install the second dish/lnb free of charge. I can't understand why you don't have this set-up now.

Suggest you call Dish and talk to Tech Suport and set up an installation date for the second dish/lnb. By the way, they should both be Dish 500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)