still no sling guide

scottbakertemp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I'm still getting the old "The webpage at http://dish4.sling.com//index.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." error when I try to access the dish sling guide.

Scott,
Anyway you could get E* to fix this?

Based on several post I saw yesterday, I'm confident it's not just me.

thanks,

I'm still getting the old "The webpage at http://dish4.sling.com//index.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." error when I try to access the dish sling guide.

Scott,
Anyway you could get E* to fix this?

Based on several post I saw yesterday, I'm confident it's not just me.

thanks,

No slingguide for me either, been a couple days now

Bob

Try to ping:

Dish1.sling.com
dish2.sling.com
etc..

If all work except dish4 then someone at E* messed up a routing entry for the server load balancing cluster. I wish everyone would use something like Big IP from F5 Technologies. Load balancing can then be done internally vs pushing a target server to the end user. That is sooooo 90's technology.

We use Big IP here and it's great. One IP address for each service even though we may have 15 servers or virtual machines all available to service the request. When load goes down we can shutdown servers, when load goes up we can bring up servers in a VMWare environment in 10 minutes. All are dynamically load balanced transparently to the Internet.

Using a front end to determine which server you are going to hit and pushing it back at the browser is really old (non-web 2.0) tech.

Try to ping:

Dish1.sling.com
dish2.sling.com
etc..

If all work except dish4 then someone at E* messed up a routing entry for the server load balancing cluster. I wish everyone would use something like Big IP from F5 Technologies. Load balancing can then be done internally vs pushing a target server to the end user. That is sooooo 90's technology.

We use Big IP here and it's great. One IP address for each service even though we may have 15 servers or virtual machines all available to service the request. When load goes down we can shutdown servers, when load goes up we can bring up servers in a VMWare environment in 10 minutes. All are dynamically load balanced transparently to the Internet.

Using a front end to determine which server you are going to hit and pushing it back at the browser is really old (non-web 2.0) tech.

I tried pinging dish.sling.com, dish1.sling.com to dish6.sling.com and all of them pinged successfully using my iphone (AT&T). I tried going to these address in a web browser. All them except for 4 took me to dish.sling.com then to dish4.sling.com. Going to dish4.sling.com from the beginning just bombs out from the beginning.

What does this tell me, other than the fact that Dish screwed something up?

I tried clearing out the cache, history, and cookies. This allowed me to get to a log in screen but then I was taken to the same dish4.sling.com server that seems to be down.

This stinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)