Strategy for a newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigfuzzypicture

Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
We just got an HD set. A friend was moving to NYC and needed to sell his Philips 46 HD rear projector - it does not have an HD tuner, but the deal was too sweet to pass on.

I am interested in Dish and Direct, but wonder which is best for HD. My locals are not available on dish in HD, but are on Direct (so they say). I am trying to figure in start up fees for equipment (dish seems to be best here with a "free" HD tuner and dual room dvr) and then pricing after the promo periods end. Any adivce from you experts is appreciated.

I may also try to find a used direct hd tuner to go with an antenna. From what i understand, this will allow me to pull in hd locals without subscribing to direct. All I would miss on is the on screen guide.

Any advice on this is appreciated. I really enjoy looking thru this forum.:)

If you talk to Dish retention just prior to your initial promo period ending, Dish will renew that pricing with a minimal price increase with a two year term contract for service. I’ve done this 6 times only increasing my bill by $1 a month on each renewal.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is There.gif

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey, I had a 57" Hitachi RPCRT up until about 2 years ago. Internal tuner died, component inputs died, but the HDMI port was still working when I gave it away.

Nice. Now that I've hearkened, mine was a mid-90s piece that was standard def 4:3 composite all the way. No HDMI there! Must-see TV on the big unit. It might have been the 50UX10B from 1993. I guess we donated it because I don't remember being involved in moving it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)