'stream not available'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
trying to watch ST online. thanks a ton D*, this is well worth the money

Is anyone elses feed on the iphone app (on 3G) extremely choppy? Its almost unwatchable. Using the MLB At Bat app and Netflix app in the same area proves to me its only an issue with the DirecTV Sunday Ticket app. Both of those other streaming video apps work great.

the 3G Sunday Ticket app for my Storm is bad also, but other video apps are fine. Glad my laptop is with me at all times.

I know it won't do any good, but I am going to call DirecTV and complain. I got it for free through the ST promo but for people to pay $50 bucks a season on top of their regular ST subscription just to watch it on a smart phone is ridiculous if its going to look like that all season.

I watched it via my andriod phone in 3g with out issue and it wanst even that great of 3g area. now another coworker who has it on another phone with another deathstar like network, they have a "full" 3g signal and could not make it work.

Stonecold, not going to get in a pissing match on what network is better, but In areas I live in AT&T is the best. This is without question or debate. I just said in my last post that other video services work great and look very clear, so obviously the network is not the issue. Its direcTV's (or whoever provides the video feed) content servers or Sunday Ticket app.

Stonecold, not going to get in a pissing match on what network is better, but In areas I live in AT&T is the best. This is without question or debate. I just said in my last post that other video services work great and look very clear, so obviously the network is not the issue. Its direcTV's (or whoever provides the video feed) content servers or Sunday Ticket app.

You cant say network is not the issue.

It could easily be that the backbones that are tied to the NFL to Go servers do not have great routes back to ATT. Which would make it a network issue. I never called att out by name. Signal is not everything part of that is backhaul from the tower. ATT wireless has backhaul issues. Now what I am saying is this there is a network issue that could very well be on ATT side but also easily fixed from nfl to go side by simply adding another providers backbone into it. maybe it is the case where the simplest thing might be to add cogent peer or to get an ATT peer drop for, which I believe they already have.

But again I also have a 3gs and had no issue while the other coworker with his motoblur did . Same network different user experience.

To qoute Jack " Listen lady go sell your crazy elsewhere"

You cant say network is not the issue.

It could easily be that the backbones that are tied to the NFL to Go servers do not have great routes back to ATT. Which would make it a network issue. I never called att out by name. Signal is not everything part of that is backhaul from the tower. ATT wireless has backhaul issues. Now what I am saying is this there is a network issue that could very well be on ATT side but also easily fixed from nfl to go side by simply adding another providers backbone into it. maybe it is the case where the simplest thing might be to add cogent peer or to get an ATT peer drop for, which I believe they already have.

But again I also have a 3gs and had no issue while the other coworker with his motoblur did . Same network different user experience.

To qoute Jack " Listen lady go sell your crazy elsewhere"

Well, whatever the problem, this is the only app that streams video that I have problems with, even at home on wifi it will get choppy once in a while. Because of that, I blame DirecTV. I am not making an issue of it this year since its a free promotional deal anyway, but if I was paying for this, I would be pissed...

Yes I understand your logical conclusion.

But it could be the phone ( I noticed the andriod and webos versions are not as nice as the iphone app in terms of stability )

could be background processes messing things ups.

It could be the network on dtv side
it could be the network on xyz provider side.

It could be that some rain fell on a plain some where in spain.

Until you call in and you mention the phone make mondel and yes provider we dont have any data to try and resolve the issue.

Yes I understand your logical conclusion.

But it could be the phone ( I noticed the andriod and webos versions are not as nice as the iphone app in terms of stability )

could be background processes messing things ups.

It could be the network on dtv side
it could be the network on xyz provider side.

It could be that some rain fell on a plain some where in spain.

Until you call in and you mention the phone make mondel and yes provider we dont have any data to try and resolve the issue.

You are correct, I thought I mentioned it in my first post but now realize I didn't. Iphone 3GS. Although I tried it on my wifes iPhone 4 and I got the same results.

I know its one of those problems that probably will never be fixed since no matter who you call, they can blame someone else.

You are correct, I thought I mentioned it in my first post but now realize I didn't. Iphone 3GS. Although I tried it on my wifes iPhone 4 and I got the same results.

I know its one of those problems that probably will never be fixed since no matter who you call, they can blame someone else.

On the daily bases dtv data mines notes left on accounts.

Let me give you an insight into what a note might look like in this issue

[note]
CCI experiencing issues with nfl2go app says having issues streaming channels, says that he does not have issues with other services like mlbtv only nfl2go. Currently happening with 3g and Wifi, running iphone 3gs/ATT

[/note]
(CCI = Customer Called In )

Basically what happens next is a very fancy computer program data mines the database for key words like nfl2go and issues and it will get that issues with nfl 2 go and the nflagg for reveiw where someone compiles a list of issue / platform /network

I know it seems silly but we do want to hear as when we do we have no idea whats going on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)