Stuck On Acquiring Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asdf123

Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Buffalo, NY
Hi, I am having an issue where I am not getting any channels. I came home from work yesterday and when I started it up I get a message saying Acquiring Signal 535. Every minute or so the message changes to:

Complete Signal Loss 015a
Signal Code: 31-11-45

Then it goes back to the Acquiring Signal message and this keeps repeating.

It was working fine in the morning so I am not sure what happened. It rained but nothing too heavy. Could the dish have moved due to the weather? Is there way to check from the box if the dish is still pointed correctly?

I checked and tightened all of the connections. I did a switch test from the box and after it was done the message said something about how there are not as many channels as there were previously.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Call DISH add the Protection plan or insurance and get them to send a tech out to look at your sat dish ,cables ,lnb, etc. Shouldn't cost much with the protection plan. Then once you are done with it you can drop it.

Reactions: asdf123
Could be the dish moved. More likely is a cabling problem. How old is the system (thinking corroded connections)?

Did anyone do any outside yard maintenance while you were gone (thinking someone cut the line)?

Thanks for the advice everybody. I unplugged the receiver overnight, but when I plugged it in the morning it was the same thing. I am going to have to work on this over the weekend. What diagnostics can I run to see what the issue is? My setup looks like this:

s-l500.jpg

The only difference is that the small LNBF is on the other side of the large LNBF and the large LNBF reads Dish HD instead of the Dish Pro logo.

From looking it up, is the switch built into the LNBF?

Thanks for the advice everybody. I unplugged the receiver overnight, but when I plugged it in the morning it was the same thing. I am going to have to work on this over the weekend. What diagnostics can I run to see what the issue is? My setup looks like this:

s-l500.jpg

The only difference is that the small LNBF is on the other side of the large LNBF and the large LNBF reads Dish HD instead of the Dish Pro logo.

Call for the protection plan as suggested. You have international channels so swapping LNBs isn't easy unless you have an inventory of spare parts. About all you can do is break one connection at a time and inspect it for water drops/corrosion. Carefully reassemble and recheck reception.. I say carefully reassemble because it is easy to bend center stinger in the fitting and create a short especially with cold fingers.

Thanks again for the advice everybody. I looked around the dish outside and cables coming in to see if I could notice anything that doesn't look right. Everything looked fine, but I noticed that there were 3 cables coming into the house. One went to the receiver and the other 2 were just loose. I switched the connections so that 1 of the 2 loose ones went to the receiver, and everything is now working fine.

What is the likely cause of the issue? Does this probably mean the cable was bad? The connection is corroded?

Thanks again for the advice everybody. I looked around the dish outside and cables coming in to see if I could notice anything that doesn't look right. Everything looked fine, but I noticed that there were 3 cables coming into the house. One went to the receiver and the other 2 were just loose. I switched the connections so that 1 of the 2 loose ones went to the receiver, and everything is now working fine.

What is the likely cause of the issue? Does this probably mean the cable was bad? The connection is corroded?
Odds are strong for damaged/corroded cable.

s-l500.jpg

If it is the way you described it, then yes the switch is built into the LNBF. The version without the switch built-in has small LNBF's on both sides of the large center LNBF. (That is the version I have.)

Reactions: TheKrell
Main mounting bracket is on an angle. I had similar issue with my 1000+ dish, I moved to another location and set dish up worked fine until after the rain, turns out the fascia I mounted the dish on is not strong enough and it eatped causing the mount not to be plumb. This took me forever to realize because I checked connections and all and then went to repeal dish and I did a check on the last was off angle. I fixed it and even found the mounting brackets that came with dish I never used before but now have. No problems since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts