This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Successful Launch and deployment of SXM-7

Bob Haller totally agreed with you and I believe he smiled from above when you posted that!

Bob Haller totally agreed with you and I believe he smiled from above when you posted that!
IIRC he saved his strongest venom for that JC Penny's guy they brought in from Apple. What was his name? Oh, yes. Ron Johnson. It is obvious from these cases that, no matter how great your company is or was, it can still be demolished with lousy leadership.

I save my strongest venom for the DEC CEO, Robert Palmer, who took over a great company, sold off all the profitable parts, so weakening DEC that he could sell it to Compaq. Back then, at least Eckhard Pfeiffer had some vision. But then Ben Rosen ousted him and installed another jerk whose name escapes me, and they they then sold to HP. What a mess!

Reactions: Foxbat
Might be using some kind of cellular technology

Sears WAS amazon...it evolved into store...amazon just a glorified catalog service

Sears resisted the online movement in the late 90's early 2k's. That marketing "blink" or "pause" was the beginning of their demise. Others giants of the past would follow them over the cliff.

Sears had poor management, completely lacking in vision. Dumped the catalog and fully set up ordering and delivering system, which ran quite well - just before they could have added Internet ordering, strangling Amazon in the crib.

Ford F-150

If that was the case then why did Sirius buy out XM in 2007?
I really don't have any idea how that deal was structured. I just read that somewhere, I think in a magazine, several years ago. My memory at the time was that neither company was going to survive unless the two merged. Not a true merger I guess since they kept both platforms in place. The savings came by not having to duplicate the same genres on different channels on separate platforms, they just put the same exact channel on both.

Sears had poor management, completely lacking in vision. Dumped the catalog and fully set up ordering and delivering system, which ran quite well - just before they could have added Internet ordering, strangling Amazon in the crib.
Sears was in trouble in the late 90's. I wonder if they even thought of turning the catalog into an online resource. Amazon wasn't a thing at this point so Sears probably never saw the train coming.

Sears was in trouble in the late 90's. I wonder if they even thought of turning the catalog into an online resource. Amazon wasn't a thing at this point so Sears probably never saw the train coming.
Actually, Amazon started in 1994. I placed my first order with them in January, 1999.

Reactions: reddice
....Sears probably never saw the train coming.

Precisely. Couldn’t see a major solution to their troubles, and a new future.

Reminds me of the idiots at the dawn of aviation, declining to invest. “We run a steamship company.” NOPE. They were running a transportation company, for people and cargo. Ships were just tools.

Reactions: TheKrell