Sudden charge for locals ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
This is a different variation on what another member reported.

My basic package includes locals and I have not had a separate charge for them for years.

Today, I checked my Dish Network account online and I noticed my monthly bill had gone up due to:

Locals $9.99

suddenly appearing in my monthly charges.

I noticed that the online programming page has now changed, and my basic package choice is now listed as "Grandfathered Package".

If I manually choose my basic package, and click "recalculate", the new monthly charge is then back to what it should be, including HD Free and without the Locals charge.

But I am a bit leery of doing that just yet...

they had pricing changes today across all accounts (so I was told)

they split the package and locals charges and added a programming fee if you are not on one of their "basic" packages...meaning all grandfathered packages

same thing happened to me, they split my package and locals charge and then added the $6 programming fee on top of that

I almost canceled when I was talking to them on the phone about it...nothing like punishing long term customers...

They're now enforcing an "access fee" of $6 that "allows access to specialty programming". I checked my previous (2) bills and they list this fee with the other possible fees (late charge, restart fee, returned check, etc, etc).

We talk about them dropping fees in one thread ($5 drop programming package fee and 150 days of keeping DHPP to waive $25 fee) and then we see this thread which more than makes up for it.

My hunch to wait and not mess with anything paid off, as today, it is all corrected and back to normal - no locals charge - it has vanished from the billing.

I think it was a glitch, although the access fee that some people are seeing may not be a glitch (that never appeared in my case).

Hmmm..

My bill was generated the 28th and is nearly identical except no access fee.

I guess I get it next month...lucky me.

It's not on my bill (runs through 10/20) nor does it appear on 'My Programming', as of 12:30 am PDT Oct 1.

If they try to charge me $10 for locals, I'm going to remove it, and tell them when I get PBS I'll pay for locals, and not before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)