Suggestions for an OTA

ShadowKill

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Hey Guys.
Well I've decided to bite the bullet and get an OTA. I've got an installer who will set it up for me. Now, I've just got to choose one and I've got a couple of questions for you guys.

1) I get my locals from DirecTV but all 4 major networks broadcast in high-def in the Charlotte, NC market. That's my motivation. Do antennas specify that they are for HD reception. In other words, do I need a special antenna to get that signal?

2) The towers are about 20 to 30 miles away. Will I need an especially large antenna? Does the size of the antenna make a difference?

3) I am trying to avoid putting in an extra line. The installer has told me that using a splitter will eliminate the need for a seperate line. He will feed the wiring into my exisiting triple LNB dish and split it in my house - 1 line to Sat In, the other to Ant In. Does this work? Does the signal get diminished?

4) What ant would you guys recommend based on my situation?

Thanks for any input you can give me.

using one cable for both satellite and locals work very well. (unless you need a booster) He will use a diplexer (type of a splitter) to tie in both VHF/UHF with satellite into your 1 coax cable. Ohhhh yeaaaa you say 20 miles or so.. We use a U-1000 here and they work great ! Hope this helped ya ! :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)