SUPER BOWL XXXVIII: Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
This game should be great. I think the Pats will win it 28-17 with Brady as the mvp. The Panthers will be expecting a rushing attack and a lot of short passes and Weis will open up the offense a bit and allow Brady to air it out downfield. Should be a great game.

nwe.GIF

Key performance records for NEW ENGLAND

• NEW ENGLAND is 11-1 after 2 or more consecutive wins this season. (21-6 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 8-0 after allowing 14 points or less last game this season. (18-2 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 5-0 against AFC South division opponents this season. (5-1 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 12-1 against conference opponents this season. (28-11 over • the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 15-2 in all games this season. (38-14 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 14-1 in games played on a grass field this season. (31-13 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 9-0 in home games this season. (21-5 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 1-0 in January games this season. (4-0 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 1-0 in playoff games this season. (4-0 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 1-0 in the conference championship game over the last 3 seasons. (2-0 since 1992.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 1-1 versus good offensive teams - averaging >=5.65 yards/play this season. (7-6 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 1-0 versus good offensive teams - averaging >=5.65 yards/play in the second half of the season this season. (5-2 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 2-0 vs. good offensive teams - scoring 24 or more points/game this season. (8-6 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 2-0 vs. good offensive teams - scoring 24 or more points/game in the second half of the season this season. (6-2 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 7-1 when playing against a team with a winning record this season. (17-9 over the last 3 seasons.)
• NEW ENGLAND is 5-0 when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season. (13-3 over the last 3 seasons.)

car.GIF

Key performance records for CAROLINA

• CAROLINA is 7-2 after 2 or more consecutive wins this season. (8-4 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 11-3 against conference opponents this season. (16-22 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 3-2 against NFC East division opponents this season. (3-5 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 13-5 in all games this season. (21-29 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 10-3 in games played on a grass field this season. (15-21 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 2-0 in January games this season. (2-1 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 2-0 in playoff games this season. (2-0 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 6-3 in road games this season. (10-15 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 0-0 in the conference championship game over the last 3 seasons. (0-1 since 1992.)
• CAROLINA is 2-0 revenging a home loss against opponent this season. (3-6 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 4-1 revenging a loss against opponent this season. (6-14 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 3-3 when playing against a team with a winning record this season. (5-17 over the last 3 seasons.)
• CAROLINA is 2-2 when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season. (4-10 over the last 3 seasons.)

Reliant Stadium

83-032a-big.jpg

Home of the Houston Texans, Reliant Stadium was the first of its kind in the NFL, with a retractable roof when it opened in September 2002. Prior to 1997, Houston had a NFL franchise, the Houston Oilers. After thirty years of playing in Houston, TX at the Astrodome, the Oilers began demanding that a new football only stadium be built in the mid 1990’s. After numerous attempts to get a stadium failed, the team decided to move to Nashville, TN after the 1996 season. Once the Oilers left for Nashville, a group including Bob McNair, got HOK sport to design a new retractable roof stadium, that could help lure a team back to Houston. In 1999, convinced by the Houston group, the NFL awarded the area a new franchise, the Houston Texans to begin playing in 2002. The Texans partnered with the Livestock Show and Rodeo in building a stadium. Groundbreaking ceremonies for the new stadium, which was built near the Astrodome, began in early 2000. The stadium is capable of accommodating both football and rodeos. In October 2000, Reliant Energy purchased the naming rights, thus the facility was named Reliant Stadium.

The Houston Texans played their first regular season game at Reliant Stadium on September 8, 2002 against the Dallas Cowboys. Reliant Stadium has a capacity of around 69,000, in three main tiers of seats that enclose the field. A retractable roof was chosen for the stadium because of the late summer heat and because the stadium will host rodeos, that bring in an annual 2 million people. The roof consists of two sections that meet over the 50 yard line when it is closed. When the roof is open, each section is above the seats in the endzone. Reliant Stadium has many amenities including over 7,000 club seats, 166 luxury suites, club lounges and bars, and a Texans team store. Reliant Stadium will be the site of the 2004 Super Bowl.

Part of me does not want the Patriots to win.

Last time they won the superbowl they had a parade in Hartford and I was 2 hours late for work because the roads to my office were closed down for the parade. :)

I agree with the Pats win. I just don't want to see any stupid play call from Weis like that pass into the endzone that was Brady's first interception in like 300+ passes or that silly rush Brady did near the end. What was he thinking? first, 99% of runs are not intercepted so why not get Antwain to bash it in there? Then, why risk Brady with the Superbowl coming up? He could have just taken a knee or had Antwain (hope I spelled that right) run it. Silly. Almost F'd things up.
Go Pats!
FREAK!

Well first off, I probably shouldn't even predict this outcome, since I picked philly and indy for the big game, Anyway, I think Patriots will win 17-6. Should be a defensive game.

Living in Winston-Salem, NC, I would like for the Pnthers to win. I think they have run into a team that will stop them cold. Pats 20 Pans 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts