Super Joey

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
I have a super Joey that I cannot use with hopper 3.

My daughter has an h2 with a Joey 1 which is really slow. Because the dish is on a 2 story house it is impossible to run a extra cable. Will the super Joey work as a regular Joey. I know the extra tuners won’t work.

On the other hand will the Joey work as a regular Joey on a h3.

I have a super Joey that I cannot use with hopper 3.

My daughter has an h2 with a Joey 1 which is really slow. Because the dish is on a 2 story house it is impossible to run a extra cable. Will the super Joey work as a regular Joey. I know the extra tuners won’t work.

On the other hand will the Joey work as a regular Joey on a h3.

If your duaghter only has 2 wires coming from the dish for the Hopper2 you could add a DPP33 or a DPP44 to get the extra wire you'd need for the Super Joey.

Reactions: bspei and pattykay
With a DPH42 because he said they can't reach the dish on the roof?
Ahh, I missed that and if it's western arc, they'd need a third line from the dish.

Hybrid works with Super Joey, Bobby. You use a Hybrid LNB, run 2 lines to a Duo Hub and run the Hopper from one host, the super Joey from the other and the Joys connected to the Client line. Anyone that does this, run the cables port 1 out to port on in one the LNB and 2 out to 2 in. I always put the Hopper across from ODU 1 and the Super Joey across from ODU 2

And use the integrator on that wire?

I forgot to mention in a previous post that if you're on eastern arc then 2 wires from the dish will be enough for a switch but if you're on western arc then you'll need 3 wires from the dish. It's been so long since I installed a western arc dish I forgot to consider that. :)

And yes, feed that third wire to the integrator.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts