Super nice service rep - but super bad actual service...

Dish doesnt have any plan that requires you to do your own install to get a reimbursement, free for all wich is the promo had a free install just like all other promo's.

No one is belittling the OP, no one is saying E* is perfect (believe me...), but this is pretty cut and dry based on the facts presented. Signed up for a deal with specifics, didn't honor the specifics, and hence the deal has been dropped.

If his receiver broke, he's call up dish and get it replaced with an identical unit, hence keeping his deal intact.

JKeats said:
i likely wont be switching... can't beat the price... but man i guess i should ask about the contract "extension". i HOPE they didn't put me under a contract when i activated the 508. since i wasn't under contract to begin with i'd imagine they'd at least have to tell me i was going to be placed under contract if i made the change, but who knows i guess.

i sent of my very polite email to the CEO. i'll let y'all know how it goes.

theoretically, a contract can only be instituted or extended when the company incurs a potential loss by providing a customer with equipment at less than cost, and attempting to recover that potential loss over time. but that's just a theory, as i found with direcTV when i added the fox sports pak, and lost my 19.95 a month basic programming package which went to the new and improved 39.95 a month 'plus' package with a few more junk channels and a lot more cost. there was no contract because i hadn't bought anything physical, but there was no way to return because the sport pak wasn't part of the 19.95 in the computer, so the fam took it in the shorts . . .

one of the 'gotchaz' that you hate to have to explain to the pissed off customer when you get to be the face of the company 'cause ya have their name on your shirt . . . . :shocked

jstroup said:
one of the 'gotchaz' that you hate to have to explain to the pissed off customer when you get to be the face of the company 'cause ya have their name on your shirt . . . . :shocked

Yeah, they should make the morons that invented all those "gotchaz" to tell the people, seriously! I can't help but feel a bit of pity for the people who do that...

But it isn't exactly company policy to NOT tell people that they'll lose their promotions ;) Shoot, comcast warned me a dozen times about if I changed various things around, well, it'd all jump to normal pricing..

What'd I do then? I canceled. Hehe, then about a week later they called me back and offered me what I wanted with promo. Pretty sweet :)

[Seriously though, I canceled because the installer botched my install, shoot to this day, and IIRC, it was setup a LONG time ago, they haven't done it.. right anyway. They said they were sending one sometime this week but I forgot what day (I think maybe Monday, if not ... gosh I wish I knew! I might need to call 'bout that)..]

Erm anyway.. yeah.

So they told you, and you already forgot...

I think that's exactly what happened to the OP. You're human, but try not to go on a rant about how they never told you when it arrives if it doesn't come on monday, k?

lol, no I was told, I just forgot. Thankfully they're supposed to come in the afternoon, so I won't miss them either way.

Purogamer said:
Someone help me out with this, i'm being dragged into a flame war here...

actually you're the only one doing the flaming... making me out to be this huge idiot... as if i deserved to be screwed out of my discount.

but it's all good. i know you're type... regardless of how deceptive the contract or marketing, you refuse to hold anyone but the consumer responsible. it's okay. that's you're deal. so long as you hold yourself to that same standard when you get screwed through a similar situation.

fact is... if this was part of the deal when i signed my CC slip at the store to take home my box set... it was NOT made clear to me that i could never upgrade my equipment. so despite your incessant need to believe i broke some sort of agreement terms... there weren't any, not that i was made aware of.

oh... and since when did it become such an insult to you for someone to vent about something. lets say for the sake of argument, that i DID sign something that made this situation perfectly clear beforehand (and I'm not saying I did because I'm certain I did not)... am I not allowed to blow off some steam at the rediculousness of the "terms" when i get the short end of the stick? come on... maybe you're a saint but i'm not. things piss me off and i vent to others on occasion.

anyway... thanks to everyone else who gave the great tips and showed some understanding! i'm glad 99% of you understand! hehehehehe.

i sent off the email to the CEO. i'll keep everyone posted.

:welcome

(p.s. sorry for the delayed response... i had a busy weekend. lol)

Success!!!

well, i got busy this weekend and wasn't able to send that email to the ceo so i just did it this afternoon. it took all of an hour to get a response from whomever it is that is answering emails at that ceo@ address (the individual responding to me was named Matt).

i didn't even have to go back and forth... no questions were asked, no explanation given... short and sweet -

I will go ahead and make sure you receive your additional five credits
of $10. Anything else you need let me know.

nice!!!!

thanks for the email address! hopefully they'll change this in the future for others - although my guess is that they're just going to playcate me and not worry about actually changing anything.