Superdish/1000.2 hybrid ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Hello

So Im sitting around this weekend, and watching Boomerang, and the thought of a Superdish/1000.2 hybrid pops into my head.

My thought is to adapt a superdish reflector to a the integrated switch from the 1000.2 with the 129 orbital, slot to gain the advantage of a larger reflector, with the efficiency of only having to run one cable for a dual tuner DVR.

Has anyone tried this? OR Has anyone ever had the same thought?

Discuss.

Hello

So Im sitting around this weekend, and watching Boomerang, and the thought of a Superdish/1000.2 hybrid pops into my head.

My thought is to adapt a superdish reflector to a the integrated switch from the 1000.2 with the 129 orbital, slot to gain the advantage of a larger reflector, with the efficiency of only having to run one cable for a dual tuner DVR.

Has anyone tried this? OR Has anyone ever had the same thought?

Discuss.

I believe there's a 129 repoint kit for the superdish. If not, then a 118.7 repoint kit would do as well by just using that and adding the 129. However, you would need an external switch. If you really wanted to max out the gain you could point the 119 LNB at 129 and use a 500 for 119/110 and just use the DPP Twin LNB input for the 129.

A regular 1000.2 LNB won't work on the end of a Superdish as the spacing between LNBs increases as the distance from the reflector does.

all good stuff....but

A regular 1000.2 LNB won't work on the end of a Superdish as the spacing between LNBs increases as the distance from the reflector does.

Thats good info, but what about taking a 1000.2 reflector off and modifying a super dish reflector to fit the bolt holes on a 1000.2 back plate?

Thats good info, but what about taking a 1000.2 reflector off and modifying a super dish reflector to fit the bolt holes on a 1000.2 back plate?

Won't work. The focal distance would be a point beyond the LNBs. Imagine a cone extending from the reflector to a point away from the reflector, Instead of being at the end of the cone where signal would be most concentrated, you would be in the area where the signal would be strong but couldn't be peaked.

sighhhhhhhhhhhh, good point.

Im beginning to hate the 129 for just the reason I wanted to undertake this dish mod.

Higher gain on the 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)