Superdish customer waits super long

Rocky Watson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
http://www.kwch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=KWCH%2FMGArticle%2FWCH_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031774408064&path=!news!local

Kim Wilhelm
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
Friday, March 19, 2004

Eight million people watch television through Dish Network satellite, including thousands of people in Kansas. In November of last year, the company offered a superdish so customers could get local channels. But some customers say the wait has been super long.

“I would like to crystal clear reception on local channels,” said current customer Sandy Jones. Jones was more than willing to pay $99 for a superdish back in November. The charge showed up on her credit card statement but the superdish hasn’t shown up yet.

“We called them to make sure they were coming to install it and they said we've rescheduled you to December 15th, then December 26th,” said Jones. “Then it was January 8th then it was February and the latest one was March 15th. And they didn't show up.”

Jones says the company told her it didn’t expect such a demand for the superdish and doesn’t have enough equipment. Yet when Eyewitness News called as a new customer to have a superdish installed, the salesperson told us it could be put in Tuesday.

Jones wonders if current customers are being pushed aside for new business. She says cable service is starting to look better and better.

“If all this hadn't happened, I'd probably still stay with my satellite but right now, I don't feel like they're taking care of their customers,” said Jones.

Eyewitness News did contact Dish Network today. Company representatives told us they would look into the Jones’ situation. We requested an interview numerous times but never received a phone call back.

Jones says the $99 charge is still on her credit card. She asked the company to remove it until the superdish arrived but she says they told her that would put her at the bottom of the installation waiting list.

Rocky Watson said:
http://www.kwch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=KWCH%2FMGArticle%2FWCH_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031774408064&path=!news!local

Kim Wilhelm
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
Friday, March 19, 2004

Eight million people watch television through Dish Network satellite, including thousands of people in Kansas. In November of last year, the company offered a superdish so customers could get local channels. But some customers say the wait has been super long.

“I would like to crystal clear reception on local channels,” said current customer Sandy Jones. Jones was more than willing to pay $99 for a superdish back in November. The charge showed up on her credit card statement but the superdish hasn’t shown up yet.

“We called them to make sure they were coming to install it and they said we've rescheduled you to December 15th, then December 26th,” said Jones. “Then it was January 8th then it was February and the latest one was March 15th. And they didn't show up.”

Jones says the company told her it didn’t expect such a demand for the superdish and doesn’t have enough equipment. Yet when Eyewitness News called as a new customer to have a superdish installed, the salesperson told us it could be put in Tuesday.

Jones wonders if current customers are being pushed aside for new business. She says cable service is starting to look better and better.

“If all this hadn't happened, I'd probably still stay with my satellite but right now, I don't feel like they're taking care of their customers,” said Jones.

Eyewitness News did contact Dish Network today. Company representatives told us they would look into the Jones’ situation. We requested an interview numerous times but never received a phone call back.

Jones says the $99 charge is still on her credit card. She asked the company to remove it until the superdish arrived but she says they told her that would put her at the bottom of the installation waiting list.
Just call the dish exexcutive office at1-866-443-5162.They are open until 11pm mountain time.This has been way too long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)