Superdish mount info

aqela

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Boonieville, Thumb Area, MI
What does the diameter have to be for a post to be compatible with superdish? Is it the same diameter as a primestar/direcway dish or is it still the same as the smaller dishes? Right now I have a Direcway dish installed and i have a primestar post somewhere...

Primestar poles for the biggest dishes which were round when they first came out were 2" which matches the Type 1 SuperDish. Later Primestar poles (the majority of them) with the oval plastic dish were 2 3/8" diameter which matches the Type 2 SuperDish.

the dish used for 121, is it plastic or metal? I have the post for the plastic, elliptical super dish.

My dad is the kind of person that doesn't want stuff to clutter his roof, so i roof mount is out of the question. I ran into this problem with DirecWay, but they charged us 99 for the pole. I want to use this pole laying around and get it put in while its on my dad's mind.

You will have to get the superdish first as posted by Stargazer DISH has two different types which have different pole sizes.

Some are "composite" (plastic, fiberglass, etc) and others are metal. Not sure why they have 'em in different materials.

I am guessing that they have two different manufacturers for the dishes. They seemed to be made different, as I compared the first Type 1 that got shipped to me to the Type 2 dishes that have been shipped to me previously. The Type 2 is plastic/fiberglass and is heavier than the Type 1 metal dish.