Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SuperDISH Rollout begins on November 6th!

Dish Network Customers in the following cities willbe able to place their order for a SuperDISH on November 6th.

The cities are as follows:

Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Greensboro, NC
Madison, WI
Richmond - Petersburg, VA

If you are not in these cities you will need to wait for further national SuperDISH rollout details which should be coming soon.

Further rollout details such as what will be announced on the next Charlie Chat this coming Monday that should announce the rollouts for December?

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you are not in these cities you will need to wait for further national SuperDISH rollout details which should be coming soon.

Any guesses how long they will do staggered roll-outs before opening it to the masses? I was hoping to have SuperDish and 921 by Christmas so we could watch the Eagles - Redskins game on ESPN HD with visiting family, but Philly locals are already on 110 so I expect no special treatment.

Thanks!

I guess my part of the question is if I get my 921 before Superdish is available in my area (Chicago), does that mean the 921 will have to sit on the shelf until I get Superdish? I think I read reports that the 921 requires both tuners active in order to function, and I only have one line running.

Just ordered my SuperDish w/ installation and the new Baltimore Locals package.

Total Cost with Credit Card Autopay, a 12 month commitment to at least a basic programming package (I already subscribe to AT150) and locals: FREE

The CSR initially didn't know much of anything about the offer. She noticed a SuperDish was required for Baltimore locals and asked if I already had one. Once I said "No, they were just made available today" she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back with information and details on pricing options that matched what I was expecting. The earliest available installation date was December 3rd. I requested a Friday or Saturday install and she offered Saturday, December 6th between 8-12.

I live out in the country and locals reception has always been poor even with an OTA rooftop antenna. I can't imaging Dish locals with compression being worse than what I have now. Both my wife and I are also really looking forward to being able to PVR local shows too!

Looking forward to next month....

- Paul

Local and Superdish

I had the exact same experience ordering the baltimore locals. I was able to get the install date for Dec 2. Whats up with the long wait. Is this because the installers dont have the equipment yet?

Also in this last post:
>Total Cost with Credit Card Autopay, a 12 month commitment to at least >a basic programming package (I already subscribe to AT150) and >locals: FREE

How do you have your locals free?

David Ehrenreich

I should have said "Total Cost for the SuperDish & Installation - FREE" ... The locals are still $5.99/month. Sorry for the confusion...

Forget the "Free", how much? I don't have any more SD programming and won't, so I would like to know what it will cost.

Thanks.

DarrellP said:
Forget the "Free", how much? I don't have any more SD programming and won't, so I would like to know what it will cost.

Thanks.

To answer your question, the SuperDish (including installation) can be purchased without an AT commitment for $199 plus $24.99 shipping. They'll waive the shipping if you subscribe to CC AutoPay.

But if you're planning to get a 921 (or 510/522) that has the DVR/VOD fee you should do the math first.

If you don't subscribe to AT50 there's a $5/mo access fee and the vod fee is $10/mo. plus a prepaid HD package for $109.89. So your total outlay for 1 year is $513.88.

If you instead get the AT50 package prepaid for $275 plus $5/mo vod fee plus a prepaid HD package for $109.89, your total outlay is only $444.89

The VOD fee has been dropped from $10 to $5 for those that subscribe to the AT50 package but is the VOD $10 for those that do not have at least the AT50 package?

Dish done some figures themselves to make it cheaper for you to order a year of AT50+locals=$29.99 than what the SuperDish and installation would cost (including programming costs).

For those that do not have a DVR the cost for locals and the access fee would be $11x12=$110+$299(SuperDish)=$409 before taxes compared to $30x12=$360 for the AT50+locals package. For those without credit card autopay you add $25 to that making it $385. Not only is it cheaper but you also get AT50 the whole year.

I wonder how many people will drop that AT50 package after the first year and just order the locals? Maybe Dish will require AT50 to be ordered in order to have your locals in the future to prevent that from happening, just as DirecTv required the Total Choice package at about $35 to order them.

Stargazer,

The SuperDish is $199 not $299.

Also, the slide that was displayed in the techchat for the free dish said "Purchase 1 year programming......" so I am interpreting that to mean pre-paying of the qualifying packages. And the $24.95 shipping was not mentioned.

And the $10 vod fee for no AT package still stands AFAIK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)