Suspend Service

evenout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Can you suspend your Dish Network service over chat or does it have to be a phone call?

Agree with Chukster. When you are on the phone the rep answers all the questions. it won't take more than 10 minutes. You can cancel it before scheduled start date. Dish dvr won't record anything other that OTA shows.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for the responses.

Well that sucks. I have trouble understanding people over the telephone. And especially if the person on the other end has an accent that I'm not used to.

I guess if these companies can live with numerous "What?" "Huh?" "What did you say?" "The what?" to extend the phone conversations, then I guess I can play along. Would be a lot easier if everything could be done over chat.

Tell the rep (if you have trouble with the foreign accent) your hearing aid needs a new battery and you can't hear well! Request that you want to be transfered to US based agent.
It works.

You should be able to pause on chat. I think you might even be able to do it online now, through the website without speaking to anyone. You can try their Twitter and Facebook page as well.

Can you suspend your Dish Network service over chat or does it have to be a phone call?
Hey evenout,

Our Pause offer was able to be done online in the past, however, we now require our customers to call in to have the Pause offer redeemed. This is due to a new policy requiring our customers to accept the Terms and Conditions of the Pause.

You can chat with one of our representatives to have them add the Pause to your account. Once your account is tagged with the offer, you can call in and only have to go through our Automated system to redeem the Pause offer. This will bypass having to speak with a representative over the phone.

- Jessica M.

Hey evenout,

Our Pause offer was able to be done online in the past, however, we now require our customers to call in to have the Pause offer redeemed. This is due to a new policy requiring our customers to accept the Terms and Conditions of the Pause.

You can chat with one of our representatives to have them add the Pause to your account. Once your account is tagged with the offer, you can call in and only have to go through our Automated system to redeem the Pause offer. This will bypass having to speak with a representative over the phone.

- Jessica M.
Thank you for the update for the whole community. This appears to be a nice CYA that gives customers options as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell