Suspending Account info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrawls2

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
If I suspend my account, for say 4-5 months until football season, do they have you send back all of your boxes? If not, do you have to continue paying lease fees on the ones that you do pay a lease fee on?

I have 4 boxes, on 3 of which I pay the lease fee. TIA

I just got my account out of suspension in November, and while it was suspended I kept the equipment, and didn't receive a bill while it was suspended. I don't know if they counted my suspension as a move though. I moved, and had the equipment in storage until my house was ready to move in to, then got them out and had them installed there.

If you call and ask they'll be able to tell you. I didn't even know I could suspend my account until I called and explained the situation to the rep.

If you are in a contract those months its suspended are added on the contract

so if you have it for 8 months, then suspend for 5 when you react its month 9 on the contract

Here is the info
DIRECTV How do I put my DIRECTV Service on hold?

How do I put my DIRECTV Service on hold?
If you'd like to temporarily suspend your DIRECTV® Service, you can do so at no cost.

Reasons you might put your service on hold

* Going away on vacation
* You have a second home and only need service for part of the year
* Your financial situation changes

Requirements for putting your service on hold

* Zero balance on your bill
* Customers with only 1 account are allowed a maximum of 2 suspend requests every 12 months
* Customers with 2 or more accounts are allowed a maximum of 4 suspend requests per account every 12 months
* Total time with service suspended per 12 month period can not exceed 6 months.

To request a service hold, please call us at 1-800-531-5000.

Ok, I meet all of those requirements and am also not under contract anymore. So, if I suspend and keep equipment I will not be charged a lease fee right?

Honestly if you are not under contract, you would be much better off canceling if you are going to quit service for 4-5 months.
Then sign back up and get all the "win back" deals.

You could end up with free HD, a years worth of rebates, free movie channels, etc.
Not to mention, all updated equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)