SW44 vs. SW64

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deathopie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
All these different switches are driving me nuts. OK, I have two legacy LNB dishes for 3 satellite locations. I currently have them going to two sw21's to feed two receivers (301 and 6000). I think I figured out that to add one more line for a third receiver (actually a second input to a 921 that replaces the 6000) i'd need a sw64. I thought I had bought one on ebay but the guy emails me and says it's actually a sw44, he messed up the discription. This won't work in my situation, correct? I need the sw64 because of the second dish. Also, what's the deal with the power inserter and adapter. I would assume that they are neccessary, but quite a few of the auctions on ebay don't include them. OK, venting over, back to looking for a sw64 (assuming that is what I really need)

Ouch! I think you have a twin lnbf on a dish500 and a dual lnbf on your wing satellite dish. If so, you will need to replace the twin lnbf with two dual lnbfs. Then you will need to run two addition cables from the dish and connect every thing to an SW-64. The SW-64 must have the power instertion connected for it to work correctly.

Check the third installation option:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/installation/install_diagrams/index.shtml

you have a couple options

If the 921 would be replacing the 6K, you could switch everything over to DishPro. Get a DishPro Twin & Single and a DP34..that would give you 3 inputs (for the 2 satellites) and 4 outputs, with opportunity for expansion.

Otherwise, waja is right. You would have to replace the Twin with 2 duals and get a 64.

btw...a SW44 allows you to hook up 110 & 119 to 4 receivers...basically what a quad does now.

I suspect there's a bigger problem here that you haven't mentioned. In your existing configuration the only switch you mention is an SW21. From that I'm guessing you have a Twin on the Dish500. The Twin will never support more than 2 tuners and will have to be replaced. To stay legacy, replace the Twin with 2 duals and add an SW64. If you don't mind the 301 not getting the 3rd sat you can get the SW44 and cascade your SW21s to the 921.

Both the SW44 and SW64 require more power than they can draw from the receiver so a power inserter is needed. The adapter is a wall wart you plug in inside and the inserter gets connected as an additional segment of coax between the receiver and the coax line from output 1 on the switch.

But since you're having to replace and add so much already and retiring your legacy receiver, you might also consider converting to DishPro. Replace the Twin with a dP Twin, replace the dual on the Dish300 with a dP Single, add a DP34 switch.

Well that just sucks eggs.

Well, looking at ebay It looks like it won't cost me quite as much as I thought if might to go dishpro. There are no dp singles on there right now. I can pick up a dp twin for about $35 with shipping. The funny thing is that I currently have a dp34 in my posession but I already sold it on ebay when I thought a sw64 would work for me. I actually bought a sw64 too, but it turned out that the guy actually has a sw44 so I didn't pay him.

This is so much fun!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)