Swaping dish locations for LOS for 61.5

MLDC

Jul 12, 2004
I need to swap my mounting locations,
811 & 510 receivers
Dish 500 with twin dishpro LNB for 110/119
Dish 500 with single dishpro LNB for 148
DP34 switch

the single dish @ 148 is to low for LOS @ 61.5 (So Cal)
The dual for 110 & 119 is higher & has clean LOS to 61.5
Since I'm just swapping dishes I assume the skew and elevation adjustments on the dual should remain fairly close if the mounting poles are true....correct?
I've installed single LNB systems before but not the duels, is adjusting the skew fairly simple

justalunker said:
You would save yourself considerable time, money and energy by going back to cable.

Now that's constructive, I'm sure there is a cableguy site , feel free to spread your wisdom there.

justalunker said:
You would save yourself considerable time, money and energy by going back to cable.

If you don't have anything constructive to post, then please go away. Last time I checked, you can't get the Voom channels on ANY cable system. Time to get your facts straight.

MLDC said:
I need to swap my mounting locations, the single dish @ 148 is to low for LOS @ 61.5 (So Cal)
The dual for 110 & 119 is higher & has clean LOS to 61.5
Since I'm just swapping dishes I assume the skew and elevation adjustments on the dual should remain fairly close if the mounting poles are true....correct?
I've installed single LNB systems before but not the duals, is adjusting the skew fairly simple

You don't have to adjust the skew when aiming at the 61.5 with a D500. Set it to 90 and go. Some have claimed to get a better signal by replacing the Y bracket with an I bracket, but it's not enough to really make a difference IMHO.

larrystotler said:
You don't have to adjust the skew when aiming at the 61.5 with a D500. Set it to 90 and go. Some have claimed to get a better signal by replacing the Y bracket with an I bracket, but it's not enough to really make a difference IMHO.

Thanks, I'm not sure I'm explaining this right.
Basically I have a mounting pole low on roof with single LNB dish @ 148 and a second mount on the chimney with twin LNB dish @ 110/119
The Chimney mount is the only one that has clear LOS to 61.5 but it currant has the twin LNB dish.
I need to move the twin LNB dish from the Chimney to the lower roof mount (and vice versa), both mounting poles are plumb or true (not sure the proper term).
So I move the single LNB dish and adjust elevation and Azimuth for 61.5
Since the twin LNB dish will be relocated but still be used for 110/119 will I only have to set azimuth for 110/119.

justalunker said:

And then he'd be stuck with Cable's craptacular (lack of) quality. Gimme 'net via cable. Gimme TV via dish.

MLDC said:
I need to move the twin LNB dish from the Chimney to the lower roof mount (and vice versa), both mounting poles are plumb or true (not sure the proper term).
So I move the single LNB dish and adjust elevation and Azimuth for 61.5
Since the twin LNB dish will be relocated but still be used for 110/119 will I only have to set azimuth for 110/119.

Ok, you just need to set the 148's current 90 skew to the 110/119 skew and setting and reverse on the current 110/119 for the 61.5. Should eb fine. Like I said, make sure you have a direct connection to the receiver from the sat's LNB when tuning(In other words, do a check switch with out ANY thing hooked up and use the dual at all 3 locations to make sure you have the best signal). Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)