Swapping External Hard Drives (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
I have two Dish receivers, a 211k and a Wally. Both are active on the same account, and both are set up to use as DVRs with external hard drives. Here's my question: Can I move a hard drive back and forth between the two receivers, so that I can watch recorded movies on either one?

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
Absolutely, of you disconnect while running, it very likely will corrupt the drive.

Happened to me when the EHD was first offered on the 211.

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
Update:
Today I tried to move the hard drive from my 211k to my Wally, and I got the message that the hard drive would have to be reformatted/erased. So I guess it doesn't work to swap EHDs between the 211k and the Wally. Not if you want to save your recordings. Bummer.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Update:
Today I tried to move the hard drive from my 211k to my Wally, and I got the message that the hard drive would have to be reformatted/erased. So I guess it doesn't work to swap EHDs between the 211k and the Wally. Not if you want to save your recordings. Bummer.
I had a feeling that might be the case. The 211s and the Wallys use different interface software. The CUI that the Wally uses is an entirely different set from the 211 software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts