Swapping LNB's...Install Question

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I have a legacy quad LNB on my Dish. Dish is pointed correctly(for 5 years now) and signal strength is great. I want to swap it out for a DPP TWIN LNB. Being a homeowner with no experience with this...I was wondering if the lnb was easy to swap out and if that after swapping out the lnb....does the dish need to be repositioned to get satellite signal?

First question is why do you want to swap? If it ain't broke don't fixit. To answer your question 2 screws hold the Quad into the 'y' bracket on a DISH 500. Remove the screws take the cables off the Quad and screw 2 onto the DPP Twin put it back in place. Replace the 2 screws and the job is done.

I want to swap because i want to add a dual tuner dvr to my home. Having said that the lnb is held on by 2 screws and the replacement would mount back the same way...would the Dish have to be repointed?

I plan on adding a DPP44 switch so i can run a dual tuner dvr along with my 3 301's. Currently, my quad lnb only allows 4 recievers connected

Last edited:
Nope. No repoint needed if you have a good signal. Just a matter of unscrewing the two screws at the end of the bracket, swapping LNB's (and eventually placing your DPP44 switch between said LNB and receivers), and doing an updated checkswitch to allow the receivers a good communication with the LNB

The DPP's have a far greater failure rate than a DP twin. It makes no sense to use a DPP and then use a DP44. Even if you purchased a DPP, take it to a local dealer and work out an exchange for a DP-twin or quad. A DPP has value to a dealer, wereas most of us have boxes of twins laying around.

If you can run two cables to your 622 (or 625), you can use your existing legacy quad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts