swiching to direct next week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kiario3

Original poster
Oct 16, 2010
missouri
i have dish network right now but switching to direct next week will they take my dish that i got up now or leave it up. i live in an apartment thats why i'm asking thanks

Depends on the installer. I've had em uproot the old pole without even asking. I've had Dish request the LNB on a 1000.2 I bought, and I never sent it back. No problems.

Be interesting to see what they do here as we are switching over next week at the latest.

Yes, like a few have said already, depends on the installer. If you ask they may take it down.

Switched from Dish to Direct and installer took the old dish down so all I had to do was take the LNBF off and now I am a fully happy D* customer... CC

I don't mind taking dishes down for the most part since it's the easiest to swap dishes so you can use the same wiring, plus you're up there anyway. Recently a customer told me he appreciated me taking his old dish down even though he knew it wasn't part of my job. He gave me a tip for doing so. I had to take a slimline mast completely out of a roof the other day in order to mount a 1000.2 in the same place due to the different mast sizes. A pipe adapter would have come in handy so I could've used the same mast but we're not allowed to have those anymore. :mad: stupid.

My installer this past Friday took the mast and dish off the roof, but left the mount attached to the shingles, since it was sealed pretty well. They removed the LNB and gave it to me and trashed the dish itself.

yeah I have 3 old feet up on mine now. :)
2 from the dual dish set with E*, 1 from when they switched me to eastern arc. Now my new D* dish is on its own new foot.

In the springtime, I'll get up there when the shingles are warm (single story ranch home with low-slope roof) and remove the old feet myself. I can repair it pretty easily with a little bit of roofing cement, some spare shingles, and some ice & water shield I have hanging around.

Depends on the installer. I will happily remove a dish upon request, or if it benefits me for the install. Most dishes use the same diameter pole (exluding DirecTV slimeline) so it's easier to remove the dish on the previous install and mount the new dish on the same pole. Most customers are happy about this since no new holes are drilled into the facia or roof. Just request your installer to remove your dish.

When D* installed his dish, there were 3 dishes on the roof. He took all 3 down. However, he was not allowed to take the dishes with him. We took them to the dump and they accepted them.

My installer this past Friday took the mast and dish off the roof, but left the mount attached to the shingles, since it was sealed pretty well. .

I had a new dish installed a month or so ago. Our old setup required two dishes mounted on the side of the house. The installer took the old dishes down, but also left the mounts. He said that they weren't allowed to take mounts down anymore because the company would get blamed if there was a leak. Not a big deal for me as the mounts aren't noticeable in that location.

I usually take the existing dishes down minus the foot, leave the lnb with the customer, and take the dish with me. I got a stock pile at the house.

If there E* dishes then I set them out about 200 yards away and let the lead fly.

Attachments

• image-2031916667.png
    image-2031916667.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 213
Saturday install for me as well. Thanks for the information about E* wanting the LNB back. I will have to ask the installer to grab the old dish off the roof if he does not re-use the current location.

I'll probably post this wherever I think it's relevant so apologies in advance if it appears in multiple threads...

If you're switching from Dish and have been a customer for a while, when you call to cancel, be very polite and calm and explain to them that this was a hard decision (it really was for me). They waived my early termination fee. I had 10 months left on my current commitment. Been a Dish customer for somewhere around 13 to 15 years. They were VERY nice to me as I was requesting the termination. I know some folks aren't in a commitment any more so for them it's not an issue. But for anyone that IS, this could be an important piece of making the decision. The only thing is, I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors that you won't know until you're actually canceling.

I am sending back 2 E* DVRs as well as the LNBs (my D* installer took down the old dish). They said it's going to take a "couple weeks" to unbundle my account (I'm bundled with my phone company) and they have to do that before sending the boxes to return the receivers. So my wife gets an extra couple weeks to finish watching the stuff she has on the E* DVRs. It was nice to see we could turn them on and watch the DVR'ed stuff when the boxes aren't connected to anything but the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)