Switch to Dish

slocoma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Hey gang,

I've had D* for about a year now, but I have been thinking about switching to Dish. My two reasons are: 1) My wife has harped on me from day one for E* because there is no WB channel on D*and we don't have a local affiliate. 2) I recently got an offer from E* for a free DVR, 4 rooms, 3 months HBO, etc, free month of basic service. Sounds pretty good.

I love D*. I have no complaints and don't really want to switch and have to learn new channel numbers, a new guide, rewire things, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has made the switch recently and has any comments or complaints?

My biggest concerns on switching are:

Does E*'s guide allow you "schedule" shows in advance and will it automatically tune to that channel when the show comes on?

Can I get the NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX NY and CA feeds even if E* offers locals to me and I can get locals on my OTA? I can get the NY and CA feeds now through D*. This is nice during football season because I get a couple of extra games because my local, the NY, and CA feeds might all show different games.

How does the E* DVR work? From reading some things it seems like you have 1 DVR and hook all your TV's in to it. Is that correct?

I think that's all for now. Like I said, any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Yes.

No.

Maybe. Nothing to stop you from sending ANY box's (sat, cable, VCR, whatever) RF (coax) output as far as cable signal limits will take it. E*'s current dual-tuner boxes have a nice, strong, stereo modulator for the TV2 output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)